*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:16:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Grand Theft Auto game "Sin City" rumors.  (Read 1843 times)
.::|N| SeRP

The .::|N|etwork

« on: June 08, 2003, 09:41:46 pm »

I've heard some rumors floating around the PC world that the new Grand Theft Auto game will be Grand Theft Auto: Sin City. It is to be set in Las Vegas, and includes desert play.

You may have noticed that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City resembles such media as Miami Vice, Scarface, and Donnie Brasco. Yes, this is cool. I wonder if Sin City will resemble Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas at all...

There was a mission in Vice City where you drank "boomshine" and had to drive and pick up an army man. Well, I hear that there will be interactive bars you can walk in to and "get plastered."

Has anyone else heard this, if so do tell, even if you've heard other rumors i want to hear about it.

SeRP
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 10:45:26 pm »

Since i like GTA i follow these things from time to time...
Its GTA: SanAndreas (SF or LA). In GTA1 there were 3 cities, Liberty(gta3), Vice(Gta:VC), and SanAndreas. Rockstar has also bought a a few domains (www.gtasanandreas.com) and some other one i forget.
Basicaly all i care about is drunken motorcycle driving, and hills.
they also say the release date is 2004, so don't get your hopes up for another october release.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
BeefyFigure
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 11:18:11 pm »

Is there a release planned for the PS2 as well?
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 11:38:25 pm »

PS2 as well?  Of course it will be released on PS2, Rockstar isn't getting their riches from the PC version.

Anyway, the next GTA will no doubt be YET ANOTHER of the same gameplay with very few tweaks leaving it with the same flaws.  Really, if the next one sells 5 million like the first two GTA3 game, I'll lose faith in the gaming public...well scratch that, I already have lost faith in the gaming public...the pop gamers if you will.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2003, 11:53:41 pm »

sadly not everyone here enjoy's playing animal crossing or the rugrat's adventure like you do bondo. Have fun with that gamecube.

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2003, 03:51:35 am »

lol Jeb. The way I see it, Bondo, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." Don't see why they'd change something that works so well. They won't need a new engine until PS3 comes out. Blah..I don't have any of the GTA's, except GTA2. Now THAT game was classic. Not  like you damned teenagers with your damned 3D models and your damned half-naked women with guns. Mm. I love being a teenager. Grin

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BeefyFigure
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2003, 12:18:05 pm »

Yeah, especially when you haven't reached puberty yet, Mellow...
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2003, 12:27:03 pm »

Burn.

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2003, 03:58:07 pm »

Lmao Jeb, I haven't seen a pwn like that since your days in the B&G. Bondo just cant handle killing innocent and animated civilians.

SeRP
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2003, 05:35:05 pm »

I have a girlfriend to give me "special treatment" as it were, I don't need some polygonal tramp to make me feel like a man.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2003, 06:08:17 pm »

Yeah, we know all about your special needs, Bondo. "Honey, can you put on the <insert male figure skating name here> mask again?"
I kid, I kid.  Grin

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BeefyFigure
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2003, 07:29:09 pm »

You're gay, you're gay.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2003, 08:54:29 pm »

There aren't any chaperoned dates in the GTA series either bondo. The novelty of the game is a living city you can go crazy in. To you a game sudenly sucks if nongamers embrace it, however the game must be damn good and inovative for this to happen.

in otherwords
You're gay, you're gay.

Now about GTA,
Any of you with a GTA3 on PC seen the MultiTheftAuto mod? Basicaly think multiplayer and Grand Thefting. Its still in beta, but its progressing.
http://multitheftauto.com/page.php?show=news

The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2003, 10:59:48 pm »

There aren't any chaperoned dates in the GTA series either bondo. The novelty of the game is a living city you can go crazy in. To you a game sudenly sucks if nongamers embrace it, however the game must be damn good and inovative for this to happen.

Yeah, and because Bruce Almighty was the highest grossing movie the week it came out, it is damn good an innovative as well.  Sales!=Quality
BeefyFigure
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2003, 09:27:33 am »

Oh my God, jet fighters?  Amazing...
Narauko

NARK!

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2003, 11:00:26 pm »

mmmm, GTA:Online...now that would rock!

Who wants to drag race first?  Grin

Hopefully they'll be more of a variety of high speed motorcycles, dam that 600.

well can't wait for the next one.

"The Revolution will be no re-run, baby, the revolution will be live!"
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2003, 12:42:53 am »

They need planes. I'm not talking huge 747s or cargo planes, but they need a small private plane WITH WHEELS!

I'm tired of my sea plane that can't even land on the runway because it's a fucking sea plane. Also, sniping from helicopters is necessary, as well as being able to use the machine guns if you steal the police chopper.

Next, need police motorcycles, like CHiPs!  Wink

Next, MUUUUULLLLLLTIIIIPLLLAAAAYYYYEEER! Multiplayer missions, or head to head, hunting through the city for the other person, cops vs robbers, races, etc.

Next, need things like bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, etc (player usage, not just AI)

Next, a single shot, high powered rifle that uses the auto aim.

Next, swimming!

Next, more accessible buildings.

Next, police chase other people in cars, not just on foot. Example, if someone crashes into you, they get arrested.

Also, if you get shot at without doing anything (gang members) the police should assist you in shooting back at the gang members, or arresting them.

Next, be able to use taxis at will, and be able to tell them where you want to go.

Next, more police/military vehicles that patrol the roads, seas, and skies without getting up to 3-6 stars.

Anyway, I love the GTA series. I had #2 when before my gateway fried in the storm of '99. I loved it, and was in shock when i found out they were making 3. Then I got vice city the day it came out, and am still addicted (yah, it HAS been a while).

Still, with a game like GTA, there is SO much to improve on, and yet it is far superior to any other game on the market.

Last:
Bondo, you're a fool.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 12:43:30 am by Agent SNiPE » Logged

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Narauko

NARK!

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2003, 01:18:34 am »

Snipe is on the same wave length as every other GTA fan.

Additional stuff I'd like to see:

1) Buyable parking lot!

2) Customizable cars, you own a f****** garage/showroom you should be able to customize your dam car!

3) Hovercraft would be cool.

4) Snow, just for fun.

5) Build an engine in which gamers can add to! (mods etc)

6) Bring out updates and expansion's, like new cars, citys, missions, buildings, basically make a game that has endless possibilitys with GTA engine.

7) Choose your path to owning the city, Gang Leader, Mob boss, Mayor, General etc...GTA is really a violent RPG...why not add more main characters, so once you done the mob boss for the 5th time you can try another route...yet another way of making the game last longer.

Cool This is a weird one, add voice recognition. Insert the dictionary and whatever you need the comp to know what your saying so you can actually have dialogue with people on the street. (You know at some point they'll do this with a game but not in my game life).

i think my wishlist is complete.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 01:21:47 am by Narauko » Logged

"The Revolution will be no re-run, baby, the revolution will be live!"

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2003, 04:01:31 am »

I think you have the wrong forum one.

And Jeb, yeah its supposed to be a few different identical liberty cities where you can kill each other and shit, there has to be some kind of regulation on that or you would almost immediately die because of the fanatics out there. You are also supposed to be able to join gangs, and they will be the equivalent of clans, except you have matching outfits, so bondo might like it more with MultiTheftAuto mod on for the fashion sense.

SeRP
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 04:31:29 am »

I just want...
hills,
darker game-play (no more Bondo style interface)
More bikes,
more cars,
Longer story
the return of the dodo
Drunk Driving
and better gore/ physics when running over someone, or chain-sawing them

As far as the limits of the current engine are concerned you can't fly a plane or chopper above a certain limit because it causes to many graphical glitches.  You can see what happens  if you "fly the tank" where it is possible to go as high as you want.  A jet would fly to fast for the ps2's hardware, it wouldn't be able to draw everything fast enough. So basically nothing like this will happen until the PS3 is released.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads