*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 12:26:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  This has gotten ridiculous.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This has gotten ridiculous.  (Read 2136 times)
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2003, 04:30:18 pm »

Yep. The newbies aren't going anywhere, so we might as well show them how to act. If they don't act they way we want them to, just kick em from your games. Ahh..ejecting is fun in GhR. More fun than it was in RS cuz you can ban people.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2003, 12:55:13 am »

Yep. The newbies aren't going anywhere, so we might as well show them how to act. If they don't act they way we want them to, just kick em from your games. Ahh..ejecting is fun in GhR.

But where will Buccaneer play?  Grin

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2003, 02:36:01 am »

first off, i'l like to agree with viper about not playing RS due to the whole swiching to  9 thing

2ndly i'd lit to take what loth said a little further. the community has fallen to disrepair as of late, BUT we can takethis oppurtunity to rebuild. there are plenty of great people out ther whop understand what it means to play a fair, honest game, we need to try and make more people like that. this community is not beyond hope, we have NOT yet crossed teh brink, and we shure as hell aren't hanging over the abyss of history hanging on by out finger nails.

This community is not dead
it is not in an ireprabable state
it has survived scandal and scathing wars alike and it had out lived the game it was based on.

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GIVING IT'S EULGY???

if you want something that is broken to be fixed, you have to get off your ass off and do something.

this community is broken. it's high time we get off our fat asses, rolled up our sleves, and went to work, dont you?

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2003, 03:13:57 am »

Easier said than done, Brain.

There are some newbies who you can teach, and some you can not. Look at people like Grape and Maniac, who are now two of my best friends on GameRanger. A few months ago, they were both total newbies, doing the "go go go" stuff, and asking me ( Grape ), how to get his PSG-1 to go full auto. However, both are respectful and intelligent people. Those are the kinds of people you can teach.

The fact is, only so much can be done by people like us. Look at the people who've posted in this thread:

Brain, Lothario and Jeb are in MP - MP hasn't been part of any arguments or disagreements.

Snipe, ZeroSniper and Mellow are in AgT - AgT hasn't taken part in any arguments or disagreements.

Assassin is PC, Viper and I don't play Ghost Recon.

The only person here who is really in a position to do much of anything is Saberian, since MOD has been involved in several CB issues. My advice to him, would be to go talk to the leaders of the clans who've had problems with MOD, and work something out with them, even if it involves not counting a CB. Right now, relations with other clans are more important than single CBs.

Sure, all of us are able to do something. We can all try and treat newbies with respect, and hope that they do the same to eachother. However, we do not have complete contorl over this.

Here's what I think needs to happen right now: Get a few more battle league admins, very active people. Perhaps people like Snipe, about 4 more very active admins. Start reviewing every problem with every CB in extreme detail. Get to the bottom of these issues. If a person can't present their evidence in a respectful way, to bad for them. They should be given a forum ban until the issue is over, and someone else in their clan will have to deal with it. If a clan is caught lying, showing false screen shots, or making up evidence, they should recive a ban from the battle league for 20 days.

Maybe this approach to the problem is going completly in the wrong directon, please comment on my suggestion.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jackal.aHa!

"Hump...anyone??" FrEaK Chancellor of Hump

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2003, 04:26:29 am »

Humping!

Ahhh yes, humping... something which was completely lost in ghost recon, mainly due to the fact that there are no more dances with pistols or pdws.

I miss shottie wars.
I miss pistol wars.
I miss c4 wars.
I miss skorp wars.
I miss nade wars.
I miss barrets on maze.
I miss auto-aim wars.

*sniff* *sniff* YOU ARE CORRECT!!
I long for the tender hump of a dead body...the chancellor of Hump misses humping and the enjoyment of RS.  I think everyone is forgeting that we stopped palying RS because people were being total assholes..some went to GhR, others like me went to MoH or Jk2, ect.  But now here we are, reminissing about how awesome RS used to be..lol..its amussing.
Remember Chalet, that map fucking rocked man..GUARDHOUSE INSERTS!!!  Awesome battles. Also snipe, remember how some of us had our own go codes for humping..like "Dont shoot me while i hump" or "how does my asshole taste on your face" and Ignomes famous C4 warz..good times, I used to get on GR and when i died just talk to the guys and laugh and laugh and laugh out loud..literally.  Now i dont laugh at all, I just talk to myself and bitch and the assholes who make the game a chore..great post snipe!

Peace,
-FrEaK- The Jackal
-Chancellor of Hump-

FrEaK FOR LIFE!

NO HUMP = NO OWN!
Aramarth
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2003, 03:05:30 pm »

This thread has its head on straight.  I have heard more complaints in that past few weeks that I can remember, and it seriously makes me disgusted.  I built my old clan, 1iNe, on the premise that this crap would not come from us, and it worked.  Now in the face of all  this I wish I had tried harder to preserve it.  Anyway, you guys are not alone.  If there is some way to resolve this mess and any of you need more support, remember that the former 1iNes are willing to help.  There has to be some way of fixing this... we just have to figure out what it is.  Train the n00bs... sure we can do that.  But we need to consider how effective it can be.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2003, 08:52:02 pm »

Ok, sometime this weekend, i'm going to host a big rogue spear game, and only people that I remember from "the good old days" will be allowed to play! No newbs! No flaming! Just like how it used to be. I'll decide on specifics later, but be there, and remember how things used to be!  Grin

501 Posts. It's official. I'm a forum whore.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2003, 11:35:41 pm »

How about we restart the Bar & Grill and only people that I remember from the good old days can join? That'd be awesome Grin

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2003, 02:59:55 am »

I built my old clan, 1iNe, on the premise that this crap would not come from us, and it worked.

I don't remember 1iNe.  How old is it?

I'd be up for some restarting into OS ugly 9 for some RS action.  Host it up snipe.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
.::|N| SeRP

The .::|N|etwork

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2003, 07:30:01 am »

You are like a bunch of old women on bridge night, bickering and shit.

SeRP
BeefyFigure
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2003, 02:48:12 pm »

Leave the women to their thing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads