*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 12:32:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Helping the helpless again, Loudnotes?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Helping the helpless again, Loudnotes?  (Read 3183 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« on: May 16, 2003, 03:26:50 am »

Let's begin, shall we?

Is the reason that you defend Snipey really because you think he's right, or just because you feel sorry for him?

Why did you delete Jeb and my posts, while leaving Snipey's?

Why have you not spoken with Mauti, asking him to remove Snipey's signature?

Why have you not requested that Snipey be ban for spamming, and disrepectful bullshit?

Why have you not taken a harder line on Snipey's spam?

I have no problem with you defending Snipey if you honestly belive that he's right. However, If you're only defending him because no one else will, and you feel sorry for him, then you're holding him to a lower standard than the rest of us.

You accuse Jeb and me of baiting him. Let's take a look at who's really doing the 'baiting".

Snipey puts up a fake Typhy quote on his sorry ass excuse for a site. I respond.

Snipey puts a fake Jeb quote in his signature, Jeb responds.

Who's really being 'baited' if they respond to something another person had done?

And honestly, even if we were 'baiting' Snipey, it's his job not to take that bait. If he can't keep his control, maybe he needs some punishment until he learns to 'keep his cool' so to speak.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 03:43:04 am »

1.  We shall.
2.  I feel sorry for him.  I do feel like he's being attacked a little unfairly at times.
3.  Yours and Jeb's posts directly attacked Snipey.  I deleted Snipey's post which returned the attack.  I kept his original on-topic post.
4.  Mauti generally handles signatures - you are as free as anyone else to complain about the signature - that's not my job.  Also, I never said anything was wrong with is other than the fact that's it's rather immature.
5.  Snipey was banned once.  We warned him that he might receive another ban with his behavior recently, and he spammed less frequently.  His latest thread was not spam, however so many people told him his efforts were shit that I don't blame him for reacting with anger.
6.  I've deleted what I've found objectionable, and I've found just as many people goading him on as I have found poor posts that he's made.  Thus I don't really fault him for anything at the moment.
7.  His standard is only lower while he's being attacked - as yours or anyone else's would be if you were responding to someone else.  However, I think he has a right to say most of the things he's said, and I do agree that he's been unfairly targeted.
8.  I'm just trying to keep down the conflict.  It's obvious to me that you and Jeb do not like Snipey.  It's also clear that Snipey spams threats whenever someone tells him he's stupid.  My theory:  If people stop telling him he's stupid, he'll stop spamming in response.

Bottom line:  If someone (Snipey, Bondo, Rapid, whoever) posts something inane, attack the idea, not the person behind it.

9, 10, 11.  It's hard to say who did what first.  "Who started it"  It all seems very childish.  It's really not that hard to ignore little things like that.  However, yours and Jeb's responses were off the topic of the thread.  If you had a specific issue to address with Snipey, that could have been done through PM or in another thread that you would start, such as this one.  An antagonistic post in Snipey's website thread is not the place to do it.
12.  That's where Snipey does get a lower standard than you, because I honestly don't think he's as mature as you are.  I think you should be able to see that too, and not stoop to his level, if you will.  Maybe that's haughty of me, but that's just my impression.  If he can't keep control in normal discussion, he will be punished.  He already has been in the past.  But when he is being antagonized, I don't expect him to respond civilly because he hasn't shown that capability.  So don't attack, and all will be well.

< insert clever and original signature here >
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 06:03:57 am »

Ok, Loud, let's start from the top.

1. We shall.

2.) He's not going to improve if people always feel sorry for him. Some people need to learn by failure, or by being knocked down. Snipey is obviously one of those people. Your defending him isn't helping him be a better forum poster, it's encouraging him to continue as is.

3. Maybe it's time that Snipey didn't always have someone there to save him. Maybe it's time that he's forced to defend himself, as I said before, there's no way he's going to learn if he has a good forum poster like you always defending him; not because he's right, but because you feel sorry for him.

4. As a moderator, Loudnotes, you're the one who needs to point out things like that to Mauti. I might add that it would've been a great PR move for you, and would've helped you defend Snipey if you really do belive that he's right. At the moment, ( and I know I'm not alone in this ), think that you will defend Snipey no matter what he does, and no matter how unacceptable it is.

5. "Spammed less frequently" isn't enough. You will also notice that he posted less frequently. Perhaps if he'd lay off starting the threads for a while, people wouldn't get mad at him each time he starts one. At the moment, we've seen about 50 threads talking about his websites, none that any of us really care about; so yes, of course he's going to get shit when he starts another thread much like the others.

6. How can you say that you don't fault him for anything right now? Take this into account: both Jeb and I did interviews for his origonal Blazenet site. We tried to support him at first. What do you think it is that made us change our minds about him? Maybe it was seeing him spam a link 500 times a day on GameRanger? Maybe it was his dozen daily form threads about his site? Take a look at his posts, then think what you just said.

7. I understand that perhaps his standards should be lower when he's being attacked and doesn't have a propper defense. However, look why he's being attacked. He continues to set himself up for such attacks. People have told him time and time again that they're really not interested in his sites, but yet he keeps posting links to them. Sure, he should be held to slightly lower standards, but the standards that you're aparently holding him to have gone to far.

8. Your "it's clear that Snipey spams when he's called stupid" idea is quite warped. People get called stupid on this forum. It's something that you have to put up with. To me, that's like saying "my dog bites you if you try to put him outside", and saying that the solution is to just not put him outside, and to let him shit on the floor. From lessons need to be taught. Should we all show respect for Snipey that he has not earned because we don't want to see his bullshit retaliations?

9, 10, 11. The thread had no topic, the topic was dead. It'd been killed months ago, when Snipey first started making such threads. I saw some bullshit that Snipey had put in his signature, so I retaliated. Why would I be defending Jeb? If you read back through this forum, you'll notice that Jeb and I have always argued, he has me blocked on AIM. Usually, we don't get along very well. Oh, perhaps the reason that I defended Jeb is because Snipey's bullshit had gone to far?

12. Ever think that in punishing Snipey for not responding civilly, you might actually be helping him? He needs to learn that his big brother Loudnotes won't always be here to defend him. Part of this forum is being attacked. There isn't a person here who hasn't been attacked multiple times on this forum. The rest of us have learned our lesson, and learned how to argue against these attacks. You, in defending Snipey, are preventing him for learning this valuable forum lesson.

Loudnotes, I have lots of respect for you, as do most people here. However, I do not respect your defending Snipey, not because you feel that he's right, but because you feel sorry for him. Defend who's right, not who's helpless.  
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 06:05:31 am by ?Typhy » Logged

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Snipes

God Bless The Freaks

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 06:55:30 am »

Okay, I stoped retired my spamming days a bit ago, so you can stop throwing fits now, Typhy.

Snipes
Email: johnzy@excite.com
AIM: FreakDork685
GameRanger ID: 28710

www.turning.to/sgt
Snipes Gun Targets
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 07:35:40 am »

its nice that we have found a common ground finaly typhy,
 Grin

However, look  why  he's being attacked. He continues to set himself up for such attacks.
yup, 24 hours to change that sig snipey, and then...

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 08:18:07 am »

Snipey...lose the quote from your sig. You are lucky that one moderator is trying to protect you because if it was up to me, I would have let you been ripped to hell by the wolfpack. Your signature is just another act of immaturity and soon enough you will share the same fate as Peekay/Romeo/Juliet, Romulus, Weaselflink aka Jag the Fag (Who has since rehabilitated himself) and Rapid.

Loudnotes, quit helping the kid...if he was a cat he just used up his 8th life. Some people need to learn the hard way that their actions have repurcussions that they must face...maybe a little trial by fire is what is needed to make him see the light and become a decent member of the community (Typhy wasn't exactly the most liked person before, but now he is fitting in rather nicely).

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2003, 10:28:23 am »

ummm, aSs, if anybody wants to follow my fate, they'd end up with a great looking clan, winning a BL and the 1st RS Tournament.  Oh, and a couple player hatas like yourself, but jealousy is something that comes with the territory Grin.  

PS: Don't include my name in your BS comparisons.  I've stood my ground just fine.  Hell, you wouldn't even CB me, in fear of losing. Wink  That's one good memory to live with. Grin  

I do have mad respect for the PsYcO's that did actually CB us and had fun at  it.  Hell, the PsYcO's I cb'ed, I still get along with, but the one that chickened out, still is an aSs to me...  Go figure Shocked
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 01:39:37 pm »

I will admit I hadn't seen the latest signature.  I was thinking of the earlier "slaped you in the face" even in the last thread - I thought you were referring to a fake quote elsewhere, not in his signature.

In general, I've just been trying to prevent more vitriol on the forum.  It seems like there's always a scapegoat whom everyone blisters every time they say something.  I don't really like that, but it doesn't appear there's much I can do about it.

So, a little while ago I was tallying how much patience I had left for Snipey - I guess it's down to 15 or 20% now. . .but there's still some.

Typhy you made valid points, so here's what I'll say:

If Snipey wants to start a thread relating to his website, as long as he says something substantive I won't consider it spam.  I would ask those of you who hate his website to refrain from posting in that thread.  However, any further spamming elsewhere will result in my recommendation that he be banned - and since everyone else is suggesting that, he pretty much would be.  

And you're right about the signature.  If that's not removed soon it will result in a ban too.  I will add Snipey's name back to the warned list.

< insert clever and original signature here >
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2003, 04:11:49 pm »

Ughhh. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. If you're so sick of Snipey and hate him so much, etc etc, why are you looking at the threads he started? Obviously, you just want to attack him over the internet. If you're so annoyed by him, don't read the threads. Just ignore him. Now, I'm guessing your response will be "but he shouldn't be posting in the first place! It's spam!". Let the moderators deal with it. If they see 5 threads by Snipey that have 0 replies, I'm sure you'll get your way and they'll ban him. I'd hate to see anyone banned, because there's a few out there that were given a few extra chances in the past, and managed to change their ways.
Next time, maybe just PM loudnotes, Typhy. There wasn't any real reason for making this a public discussion, unless you're just trying to find supporters. We already know how you and Jeb feel about him. Remember, Loudnotes isn't just defending him everytime. He's preventing flame wars. Now, let's go back to having fun and playing RS/GhR. Here, have a blind-guy smiley. Cool

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Hazard(school)
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 04:45:12 pm »

Stfu, or get your own forums, choose your own moderators, and have this many active posters.

P.S. gay
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 05:41:38 pm »

Rapid, it wasn't about how you play the game, it was meant on how your attitude and how attitudes about you have changed on the forum...if you looked at the other people on the list (or even knew who they were) then you would have realized that.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 07:04:39 pm »

I don't think that comparing Rapid, Rabid, or even myself to Snipey is an unfair comparison, although, perhaps not in the sence that Sin did.

Rabid, Rapid and myself are all people who've been attacked by multiple people at once, with little or no defence.

Mellow, why should Loudnotes listen to Jeb and me? We're two people. In any argument, there are people on either side. I wanted to show that I had support. So far, the only person who has 'sided up' with us, so to speak, is Sin; however, I know that if we were losing this argument, much more support would come in.

You say that Loudnotes is "preventing flamewars," well, by now, it should be obvious that that this is a problem. Problems need to be solved, not just put off. Someday, Snipey will need to change his ways, and just locking threads isn't going to make him do that.

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2003, 08:23:09 pm »

If Snipey wants to start a thread relating to his website, as long as he says something substantive I won't consider it spam.  I would ask those of you who hate his website to refrain from posting in that thread.  

Now that is just bullshit.

If someone comes on here, asking an opinion about a website, you can't fault those that think it's crap from calling it crap.  What the hell is this "if you don't have anything nice to say" stuff?  He asked for the opinions, anything expressing an opinion of that specific site would then be "on topic" and not spam, right?  

If this forum just isn't nice enough for you anymore Loudnotes, maybe you are too sensitive and need a break from it.  But stop using your moderator abilities to try to make it a "nicer" place.  Some of us will take "honest" over "nice" any-day.

There is a large difference between someone starting a flamewar thread saying his site sucks, and him opening the door by asking opinions.  He has to expect some bad opinions when he does that.  

Stop trying to make this a "can't everyone just get along" place.  That doesn't seem to be it's purpose.  You once said you were sick of wading through the crap, then don't.  Quit.  Nobody is making you.  But stop trying to put the iron boot of what Loudnotes thinks is right over everything.    If people have something negative to say about the site, it has every right to be posted.  It was asked for.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 09:00:17 pm by Brain » Logged

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2003, 09:15:11 pm »

Loudnotes, much respect on your attempts at regulating the kindergardners.  Too bad they're so hard to deal with! Grin

Guess what asswhipes, Loud is in a position to regulate these forums to be pleasant and constructive.  Sure opinions are encouraged, but not when twisted to be so negative.  That's loud's point.  Of course, when you're a kindergardner yourself, you're blinded by your own stupidity.  Now try paying attention to the ones trying to make this a better place.  If you don't like the Moderator, Go post your opinions in your own forums!  Hell, MP has their own forums, yet they feel the need to fill this place with their bullshit.  Do us all a favor, and take your negativity elsewhere and STFU! Angry
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2003, 10:23:49 pm »

ummm, aSs, if anybody wants to follow my fate, they'd end up with a great looking clan, winning a BL and the 1st RS Tournament.

ahaha... Where's your BL "medal" Rapid?

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2003, 10:30:32 pm »

Loud is in a position to regulate these forums to be pleasant and constructive.

Now take a look at some of the things that Rapid says in his post. . .

Guess what asswhipes

you're blinded by your own stupidity.

fill this place with their bullshit.

STFU!

So much for having "pleasant and constructive" convorsation.

[/color]

(SEALs) one

I am and always will be Agent #1

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2003, 11:39:14 pm »

How about...

Snipey just be banned from the forums for about 6 months...see if he's more mature in 6 months
Typhy stop with all your long ass "educated" posts
Moderators do something about this, so we don't have anymore talkshows...Smiley

thats all,
one

I am and always will be Agent #1
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2003, 06:20:22 am »

obviously you didnt know the previous typhy.
let me educate you

he basically stood up and took all the bullshit that was meant for rapid and defended him no matter who was right
his posts tended to be argumentive, pointless, and insulting. in a word flamebait

i much prefer this typhy, who obviously has his shit together. he makes structured posts, he has a point, and he backs it up

if it was anyone but typhy, i'd call him the ideal poster (have to poke at you somehow man;))

i refuse to moderate typhy's posts till they get out of line, and they have a very long way to go before that happens
seriously one, do a little research before you shove your foot in your mouth next time. it's bad  for your image, and the smell sucks too
« Last Edit: May 17, 2003, 06:21:44 am by Brain » Logged

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2003, 07:10:39 am »

One, I say what needs to be said, and make my points. I don't worry about how long the post is, and I won't edit out important things in order to make them shorter.

Snipey just be banned from the forums for about 6 months...see if he's more mature in 6 months

Because that would be very unfair. You don't ban someone for 6 months for not knowing how to control themselves, or spamming, about 6 days is the max that you should give for something like that.

Giving Snipey a long ban would be even worse than Loudnote's defending him in the first place. He needs to learn. The way for him to learn is not to have a good poster, and moderator always there to defend him wether he's right or not; and to have the option to correct his mistakes.

Moderators do something about this, so we don't have anymore talkshows...Smiley

The only post so far in this thread that may need "dealing with" is you own. It's the typical post of someone who doesn't want to get involved, but feels some impulse to say something.  [/color]

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2003, 11:30:00 pm »

i missed a lot of this argument but i'd just like to point something out...
Silent Killer used to annoy everyone by just spamming in previously made topics, and you admins went back and deleted hundreds of his posts so he wouldn't reach freak status a while ago.
Silent killer learned.
Snipey on the other hand makes boring topics that are all about himself, maybe if he would take some time to think that most people don't care. He could learn, but not with you empowering him to continue to spam.
Loudnotes, he won't learn if your there wiping his ass every time he needs some help.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads