*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 10:30:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Matrix Reloaded
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matrix Reloaded  (Read 1894 times)
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« on: May 15, 2003, 10:25:42 am »

Saw the first showing at 10pm Wednesday after waiting hours in line to get a good spot...

I must say that I am VERY disappointed in this film. I will not ruin it for all of you, so once you have seen it, feel free to post. It is sad that such a great movie would have a sequel that doesn't even come close to living up to the standards expected of fans.

Added in: For those of you going to watch it, stick around until the end (after the hundreds of names int eh credits) because there is a preview of the next Matrix. It doesn't show much, but it is still a preview.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 10:29:07 am by PsYcO aSsAsSiN » Logged

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 11:07:25 am »

I just got back also (i saw the 10:30 show and only waited in line for 10mins). I thought the movie was ok, and it delivered some interesting developments in explaining what the matrix is, and the one. There wasn't a great segway when the movie ended, leaving many of us to wait egerly to see the next. Also the trailer for revolutions is at the end of the credits, it gives a good abstract of what will happen next.

The movie might not have been as satisfying as the first, however it delivered a huge part of the story, i can't wait to see revolutions

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Snipes

God Bless The Freaks

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 06:50:37 pm »

Well, sadly I have never seen any of the Matrix movies  Sad I have only seen like 2 minutes of the first one. But, I have looking forward to seeing their new movie, but if it really sucks, then mabye I shouldn't..

Snipey, this would be an example of pointless spam that helps nobody, we don't need to hear it.  Go see the movies.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 03:11:55 am by ?FiRE Infection » Logged

Snipes
Email: johnzy@excite.com
AIM: FreakDork685
GameRanger ID: 28710

www.turning.to/sgt
Snipes Gun Targets
[[EUR]] HoloGram

Don't worry be happy

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 07:07:22 pm »

u should lool the first, before u look the second !!

veni, vidi, vici
#SKUL Mr. President (Founder & Leader)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 08:50:39 pm »

Snipey, it is absolutely imperative that you see the first before seeing the second.

If you don't see the first one, you'll be completely lost.

Plus?it's a kickass movie.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
(SEALs) one

I am and always will be Agent #1

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 11:52:01 pm »

Well, maybe the Second matrix is like Episode2 in Star Wars...Episode2 wasn't that good, it was "ok", just like the 2nd Matrix...but the 3rd should be good hopefully.

I am and always will be Agent #1
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 11:53:09 pm »

"Tank, load the jump program..."

ROFL!

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 09:56:16 pm »

Well I saw the movie last night, although the story is absolutely killer and the set of zion was incredible...I thought the fight scenes were way overdone and drawn out. I mean, we know Neo can kick ass, so whats the point in watching him fight Agent Smith endlessly? I did however like the new character in the Oracles bodyguard, I can see him and Neo team up in Revolutions. All said I'd give this a 7 out of 10, while the original was a 10 for sure. As for graphics and special effects it's a 10...those machines were wicked.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2003, 12:22:28 am »

If you watch the trailer at the end of the credits like I said above, you will see the Oracle's bodyguard in action for the next movie.

After watching it again, the pieces are starting to fall together (like why the counter-attack fails), but it is still below many people's expectations...we can only hope that the third one finishes the story and brings back the aura/feeling of the first movie.

I suggest watching this film a second time because you can start to focus on the details and understand the little subtleties that the script sneaks into the movie.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2003, 01:12:52 am »

i'd put the revolutions trailer on my idisk for you all to see...
but i don't want to get any letters from the MPAA Grin

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2003, 02:28:30 am »

i have havent seen the second one yet so this might be premature to say but, maybe the second one doesnt compare because we have already seen the type of amazing graphics and combat and what not?  The first movie brought something new to the table but the second one brings the same thing, maybe thats why you dislike the 2nd one so much assassin?
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2003, 03:12:55 am »

It isn't so much that I disliked it as much as it is that I was disappointed in it. I have watched the movie a second time and picked up on a lot of things that I missed/ignored the first go around...but it doesn't change the fact that plenty of people are disappointed in it.

I really wont name specifics until all of you watch it...hell, I have seen it twice (and I might go a third time again tonight) before a majority of you have even had the time to check it out once.

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
Jackal.aHa!

"Hump...anyone??" FrEaK Chancellor of Hump

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2003, 05:13:01 am »

Man the Matrix Reloaded was tight!

...a lot of you dont seem to understand that Reloaded and Revelations are one gaint movie cut into two...for the only reasons that they can make more money and we wont have to sit for 6 hours.  I think the movie was great and just got bashed cause its more about the STORY and not about the ACTION. Its your own choice, i thought Fellowship of the Ring was a boring peice of shit, just made to  make hype for Two Towers and LoTR3..but thats my view...

Jackal

FrEaK FOR LIFE!

NO HUMP = NO OWN!
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2003, 07:10:18 am »

All hail The Matrix! For it is god!

-ahem-

Anyways, I saw it at 7 PM thursday (which also happened to be my 18th birthday. woot.) and loved it. I'm just waiting for it reveal the world like those Russian nesting dolls... matrix inside a matrix inside a matrix. It was funny because my friend isn't into the matrix and as soon as they started talking about the matrix he was lost. Hillarious.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2003, 08:28:52 am »

matrix inside a matrix inside a matrix.
6 times man Smiley
Great movie and some long ass credits what the fuck is with it there where Auzi and U.S. grip crews god.

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2003, 07:56:17 pm »

Casper, probably because alot of the movie was shot their...oh, and I thought the first soundtrack was better also...

I can see where seeing it a few times would lead you to pick up on more since their was alot to pick up on, especially when he was talking to the architect, who is the Mother..hmmm. I was a bit lost with the story at first so I must see it a few more times. And hopefully have better seats, I was 10 minutes late to the first show and had to sit in the second row all the way to the left in a stadium setting so it was like a omni movie at a sharp angle. This time I must go early and sit right in the middle.

Me, popcorn with extra butter, nachos, lemonade, and Reloaded=better than sex. =)       but not better than a hummer during the football game with a beer in one hand!
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2003, 11:12:53 pm »

*** MAJOR PLOT SPOILAGE WARNING ***

I have to say that while it was a good movie and fun to watch, the cheese factor of some of the action sequences was enough to make me gag. It was just a little too fantastic.

Also, that whole sex scene/orgy in zion was completely unneccsary and inappropriate.

The main plot was good but I wish they had gone into more detail about the world itself. It seemed like they intentionally tried to keep the audience in the dark about much of what's going on in the world. They spent so much time with those long action scenes it would've been nice to get a better understand of the world as a whole. It felt like they were almost fast-forwarding through the major plot sections, I don't know if it's because they didn't have enough time to fit it all in or if it's just that they expected audiences to lose interest if they went too long between fights.

I like how the matrix is just a shell inside another matrix, like those russian nesting dolls, that's kinda cool. And the philosophy was again interesting. However, it seemed that whenever they got into some really heavy philosophy they would start to talk fast and use really flowery english. I don't like that because, while it sounds cool, it made it nearly impossible for much of the audience to even understand what they were saying, never mind the complex ideas they were trying to convey.

Anyway, just looking to see what everyone else thought of it. My final rating is gonna have to be 6 stars out of 10 with the original Matrix being 8 out of 10. Good, but disappointing
« Last Edit: May 17, 2003, 11:14:42 pm by alaric » Logged

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2003, 03:07:45 am »

Well, I just played Matrix, the video game on PS2, and it's all that and then some!  Relates to the movie, and further expands!  Plain Awesome! A must rent or buy! Cool
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2003, 03:31:09 am »

Bit out of place maybe but, happy birthday capt! Grin

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Jackal.aHa!

"Hump...anyone??" FrEaK Chancellor of Hump

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2003, 05:36:06 am »

Right on rapid, word has it..if you play the game, then watch the movie. Things make more sense because the game fills in some holes. Like the osiris and Niobi and the china dude fighting to help neo, check it out! I WILL!

Also I gave "reloaded" 9-10 and the "Matrix" 10..i write for a school newspaper.  The reason for the 9 is, if you truly love action movies and the original Matrix, this one isnt disapointing.  We've seen "bullet time" before and the high flying kicks. I think some of you expected something new..Indiana Jones still wears the fadora and holsters the revolver..do we expect him to not have them in the 4th movie?
 Its on a larger scale because Neo is moer powerfull now, therefor its more complex and i like the fact the fights are sometimes slow, so you can really enjoy the fighting technique and the time the actors put into the movie.

As for the story, its well done and after "revelations" comes out it will all make more sense. I promise you that. You all want to "understand" it, its complex, its not meant to be fully understood, i dont think that was the brothers intention for you to fully understand.

Im telling you, this movie is good and since i have seen the first Matrix about 10 times, i understand the 2nd one pretty damn good for only seeing it once.

Peace,
jackal
« Last Edit: May 18, 2003, 05:38:59 am by Major Jackal.aHa! » Logged

FrEaK FOR LIFE!

NO HUMP = NO OWN!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads