*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 08:25:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Ahh, I'm so happy, I could die. Poll!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ahh, I'm so happy, I could die. Poll!  (Read 1367 times)
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« on: May 11, 2003, 08:38:35 pm »

Last night, I finally got to meet my all-time favorite hero, Les Claypool, after one of his concerts last night. He's an extremely talented bass player and a real nice guy, it turns out. But anyhoo, onto the little poll so this isn't just spam. Who's the one person you'd really like to meet? Now, it has to be a REAL person, not an imaginary person like Count Dracula, or Dick Cheney.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 09:37:27 pm »

Well, if the person has to be living presently...His Holiness the Dalai Lama...if not then the Buddha himself.
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2003, 10:31:15 pm »

Bondo you're obsessed with your new-found religion. I'd probably want to meet The Iraqi Information Minister?, he just owns so much.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 11:24:22 pm »

Well, I've already met Sasha Cohen so I had to dig deep for who else I'd want to meet Wink

Perhaps Melanie Chisholm (Sporty Spice).  I'd just like to talk to her for a while and listen to that sexy accent.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 11:36:17 pm »

For people that are alive, I would have to say Vladamir Putin or Jiang Zemin. For those that are dead, it would have to be Kerensky or Czar Nicholas II.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 01:59:06 am »

There's this one babe, in the swimsuit section of my most recent k-mart ads...damn she's fine...

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 06:09:33 am »

That's easy.

Cossack. Grin

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 06:44:10 am »

If I could meet anyone, I would meet Steve Jobs. No seriously, not because I'm some insane apple fanatic or something, just because he's led a somewhat mysterious life and I'd like to know what motivates him and what his personal philsophies are and how they've changed since he was a huge hippie/druggie.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Snipes

God Bless The Freaks

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 07:18:31 am »

Hmmmm, probably inbetween the man who does the voice of SpongeBob Squarepants, or, as gay and stupid as this sounds, Nsync  Shocked

NOTE : Do NOT call me gay or I will boil you in christmas pudding and drive a holly steak threw your heart!!

Snipes
Email: johnzy@excite.com
AIM: FreakDork685
GameRanger ID: 28710

www.turning.to/sgt
Snipes Gun Targets
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 08:13:36 am »

Certianly Snipey.. who wouldn't want to meet the kings of faggotry?

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 10:14:22 am »

Fuck you Capt. SpongeBob rules. Although I must say, Snipey, never mention SpongeBob and that homo band in the same breath ever again.

If I could meet anyone, I would meet Steve Jobs. No seriously, not because I'm some insane apple fanatic or something, just because he's led a somewhat mysterious life and I'd like to know what motivates him and what his personal philsophies are and how they've changed since he was a huge hippie/druggie.

From what I know tasty, he wasn't so much a hippie. More like Mr. Cool wearing his leather jacket thinking he is the shit. My mom went to high school with him, and that's what she has told me.

While Jobs would be a great choice, I think the other Steve who founded Apple is more interesting. While I admire Jobs greatly, as a geek, it does not get any more fascinating than Woz. He came in and gave a talk to one of my classes in high school. I've never been more amazed by how somebody's mind worked. The man's brain still goes at a million miles an hour, even if he is just talking about stuff he did in the past. And what he did in the past is stuff of legend. The early Apples are examples of engineering marvel.

Woz and AFI have to top the list of people I have met. If I could meet anyone I haven't met, I would have to go with Mike Ricci. Dude is the greatest hockey player on the face of the earth, when frankly he doesn't have the skill that some 4th-liners have. He gets by on determination, grit, and the biggest set of cajones known to man. I mean, how could you not want to meet a guy who, after getting his nose broken, said, "I broke it in a good way. I can breathe better now."

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2003, 11:54:23 am »

Mark Twain, my hero. If I'm restricted to the realm of the living, Harlan Ellison, my other hero.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2003, 03:25:34 pm »

Certianly Snipey.. who wouldn't want to meet the kings of faggotry?

Lord knows I do.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2003, 05:50:01 pm »

From what I know tasty, he wasn't so much a hippie. More like Mr. Cool wearing his leather jacket thinking he is the shit. My mom went to high school with him, and that's what she has told me.
Eh, they portrayed him like a hippie in that "Pirates of Silicon Valley" movie, which is my primary source of knowledge about his life. Plus he went to Reed College (dropped out), which is one of the alltime biggest hippie/goth/drug user/general societal degenerate schools around.

But anyway, I was thinkin about this earlier and thought of two other people I wanted to meet: Stephin Merrit, lead singer of my favorite band the Magnetic Fields (http://www.houseoftomorrow.com) and John Irving, my favorite author. I already met most of my liberal heroes in person at various Green Party functions, including Ralph Nader, Cornell West, and Tom Hayden and Bobby Seale of SDS fame.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
ACE Justin Sane

whats the difference between a duck?

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2003, 08:01:42 pm »

hmm I'd have to say the band members of Green Day since the lead singer went to school 2 miles away from where i live
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 09:32:12 pm by NADS Justin Sane » Logged
bronto
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2003, 09:09:03 pm »

bob marley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads