*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 02:24:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  why is everyone so serious about RS?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: why is everyone so serious about RS?  (Read 1822 times)
ACE Justin Sane

whats the difference between a duck?

« on: May 11, 2003, 03:24:20 am »

I tried to get a 2v2 CB going last friday night. first I asked mp5 typhy who turned me down even tho they have 2 members on saying he doesnt know how the other guy plays well enough to CB. then i tried Dr. pal they had 4 members on, he said no because he was sucking too much. why are you guys so serious about the BL?
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 03:52:01 am »

Well, Justin, there is more to it than that.

Would you go into a CB if you knew you were going to lose?

For me, the answer to that question isn't always the same. If I know that I am going to lose to a great clan, but be able to put up a good fight, I will always go, however, if I know that I would lose to a clan who is weaker than us, simply because we're not currently playing well, I won't.

I don't mind a loss at all, as long as it's well played. If I think that my clan can go in, and play their best, I will always accept a challenge.

I have no problem with having my challenges turned down with the simple response of "I am playing like shit today".  The turn downs that I have a problem with, are the ones where they simply say 'no'.

To me, the most fun thing in Rogue Spear, is a fun, competitive battle. I don't find it enjoyable if I am not playing well.

Hopefuly that will answer some of your questions.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2003, 06:33:15 am »

Why do you play at all if you're not playing well?

Do you play to get better?  Why do you want to get better?  Is it not fun unless you're good?  I can't imagine why anyone would play a game they didn't actually enjoy just so that they might be able to enjoy it someday.  If you simply enjoyed playing RS, you would accept a cb as another variation of the game.  

I guess then you really enjoy the competitive side of the game.  Interesting psychologically, but I still don't see why you would turn down a cb unless you just weren't in the mood.  Why not use it for practice?  Don't even make it official if its that important to you.  Have 'fun'.

< insert clever and original signature here >
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 06:42:09 am »

Loud, loud, loud. . . Why can't you treat me as kindy as you do Snipey?

I find losing because I'm not playing as well as I am capible of not only frusterating, but no fun.

Before you get good at a game, the goal of it is different. The goal is to improve.

After you're already very good at a game, the goal is to continue to play at a high level, and to win.

I used to just try to break even at Medal of Honor, now, if I'm not at about 5 kills per death, I get frusterated. For me, much of the fun of all games, is winning.

Winning isn't everything to me. The best CB of my life was a loss at RTCW, the best Rogue Spear CB was a lost to KotA. I don't find it fun to lose because I'm not playing as well as I am capible of.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 06:58:56 am »

Because you aren't quite as ignorant as Snipey, Typhy.

Word to that Just... *NADS practicies two, maybe three times a year. We just play for fun. Who cares if we're playing tops, we'll play. It's tradition in *NADS to welcome a new member in with a CB on their first day. Who cares if they suck, the game must go on!

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2003, 03:04:07 pm »

That reminds me, I should probably play some RS in the near future or else I might be demoted from toilet cleaner to... what can you be demoted to from being a toilet cleaner anyway? Wink

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2003, 03:28:17 pm »

Probably any other position that starts with "toilet" and ends with a verb and "-er".

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2003, 11:22:59 pm »

Kami, below toilet cleaner is the toilet cleaner's bog seat warmer.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Clan *NADS
Snipes

God Bless The Freaks

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 07:31:36 am »

'Why are people so serious about cbing in RS?"  You Ask? Allow me to explain..

Well, If you know you are going to lose, and you do, then the ranking on your clan drops on the BL ladder. This changes what people think about the clan, people will think that the clans players do not have enough skill to be in a clan, or, they think that it is a noob clan that shouldnt be on the bl because they suck too much. There is your awnser..

Snipes
Email: johnzy@excite.com
AIM: FreakDork685
GameRanger ID: 28710

www.turning.to/sgt
Snipes Gun Targets
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 03:30:01 pm »

Snipey, the BL isn't everything and a couple of bad games doesn't make others think less of your clan.

Capt, that sounds nice actually... Wink

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 04:55:28 pm »

As always, I have to change course - away from my argument, to argue against Snipey.

Who cares what your ranking is? Why should anyone with half a brain care wether your in first or last place on a clan ladder for some silly game?

Besides, the best part of the  battle league is listening to a clan talk endless shit, and then kicking their ass in a CB.

*NADS isn't bad at Rogue Spear, actually. But, they don't give a shit about winning.

Now, onto Capt, Kami, and Justin. If *NADS doesn't care at all about winning, then why, when AK beat you, did you argue that the CB should've counted? Why did you have a goal to finish in the top 10, if none of it mattered to you?

Everyone in this community plays for fun. There are just many different ideas of what fun is. I watch someone like iBeer ( yeah, yeah, I was in a bad mood, so I TKed him 6 times for this ), at SIB2, set a block of C4, climb some boxes, and camp while spamming MP keys. I guess that's his idea of fun. Looks boring as hell to me.

There are other players who enjoy TKing, lagwars, grenade wars, C4 wars, and pistol wars.

Then there are your moderate CBers. Guys like TF6 Grape. They like to CB, they like to improve, but they find it fun even if they lose, and are playing poorly.

Then of course, there are the people like Rapid, Ultimo and myself. The people who care about winning. I'm pretty sure that none of us go around school, yelling "Guess what?! I won the *DAMN Battle League!"

Outside of my online life, winning a battle league means nothing whatsoever. However, human nature makes one wants to achieve success at whatever one does. There's a sense of pride that comes with winning, and it gives you a goal, for the game of Rogue Spear.  

tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2003, 05:52:15 pm »

The reason people take Rogue Spear seriously is because they have small penises and they rarely, if get sex. Really, they obviously have something to prove for a deficiency somewhere else in their life and this is it. Notice that I never played Rogue Spear  Grin.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
ACE Justin Sane

whats the difference between a duck?

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2003, 07:15:52 pm »

I never heard anything about *NADS wanting to be in the top 10        when did this happen? I want to know. I dont remember that arguement we had with AK about the CB but currently I dont think any NADS give a fuck about the outcome of a CB.

many clans last year (including NADS) went on loosing streaks and lost to some clans they wouldnt normally have lost to, nobody thought less of any of these clans cept maybe zak but he doesnt count. we recruited some of our best members last year when we wern't doing well.

also snipey every clan deserves to be on the BL no matter how many games they lose (or win) so lemme know of anyone who thinks that some clans shouldnt be allowed on the BL for sucking too much.

the best part of the? battle league is listening to a clan talk endless shit, and then kicking their ass in a CB.
very true typhy the only time I really want the win is if the people in the other clans are complete assholes but most of those kinda clans died or switched to GhR otherwise i just play for fun.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 07:17:13 pm by NADS Justin Sane » Logged
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2003, 07:41:22 pm »

I think's it's kewl that you dont give a rats ass about you're score on BL.  that shows that you are in it for fun.  others do take it seriously like myself for instance because I want my guys to have a goal to achieve.  Yes, maybe being serious isnt for everyone, i can understand that.  But if ya dont care about ure standings why even be on the BL?  I mean you can cb without being on BL.  And most likely clans would be more likely to CB you because you were not on BL and the game could be for fun.  once you sign up to be ranked on BL that makes the game totally different.  It makes it a competition. Otherwise why have a BL?  I dont agree with everything Typhy says for sure but I do understand why he wouldn't want to CB with his new guy.  The question is would you be willing to CB him with his best players online?  Does it really matter to you if you CB typhy with his best crew since you dont really care about scores on BL?
  I am not trying to switch this around to be mean, i am just making a point.  I have the upmost respect for NADS cause I have known them since my STFU days in RS, but let me ask this?  If you dont care about BL, why be on the ladder then?  You could keep ure own record on how you do if that is the only reason.  Battle League was setup for competition, and that is why Typhy takes it so seriously, or for that fact most clans on it.  Plus I do remember a time when winning did matter to some of the NADS crew.  Maybe not all but there were times when STFU had some serious Cb's with NADS back in the day.  Aaaah, the good ole days =)

+MOD+ Saberian (Ex. STFU co-leader)

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2003, 08:32:14 pm »

Now, onto Capt, Kami, and Justin. If *NADS doesn't care at all about winning, then why, when AK beat you, did you argue that the CB should've counted? Why did you have a goal to finish in the top 10, if none of it mattered to you?

First off, I'm a little confused at this. I'm gonna guess you mean "shouldn't" have counted, and in that case, it prooves how little I care because I can't even remember which CB you're talking about. If you mean our very first one which was riddled with crashes, phone calls, and was never finished... well... there's your answer right there. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere with all our bullshit about it, but I don't feel like looking it up.

As for the top ten finish.. that has been my personal little goal, yet has never acheived (we always end up somewhere around 12th), and I think no less of my clan for it.

Sab, I have to take a counter position to your argument, because a CB can be a time consuming process, and I don't think many clans would be willing to CB just for fun if they get no gain on the ladder.

Anyways, *NADS has kicked off it's season of CBing finally, so if you ever see a couple *NADS on.. ask 'em for a battle, we'll be more than happy to oblige.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Clan *NADS
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2003, 08:54:59 pm »

OK i can see ure point with that, but to be honest we get requests all the time for CB's but not to count on the cb ladder for fun.  I do agree that cb's can take up some serious time, but then again the whole idea for CB was originally for the competition.  I know people want to have fun playing cb's and that's all kewl, but you got to realise that there is people out there that want to win for the ladder's sake.  I mean if everyone thought about just CB'ing for fun then the ladder would not be neccessary, or even there for that fact, but it is.  But u are right to say that people wont cb because of you're team because u are not on the ladder, cause while you are doing it for fun, they are doing it for points and wins.  Plus ya got to admit that there is nothing more satisfying then beating a clan that talks serious shit about how bad they are hehe, then having it recorded so every clan can see =).  But then, it would have to matter for that to be of any point. =\

+MOD+ Saberian  

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2003, 11:59:47 pm »

Just having a little fun Typhy - all these serious clan issues seem humorous when you don't play the game anymore. . .

< insert clever and original signature here >
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2003, 09:00:21 pm »

As for the top ten finish.. that has been my personal little goal, yet has never acheived (we always end up somewhere around 12th), and I think no less of my clan for it.

Ahh, maybe you can do it this season, since there's only 6 active clans!!! Grin

We  had fun knocking off *NADS in every CB we had against them in the past, since they talked so much trash on how good they were.  Well, mainly Capt.  The others were pretty cool and not as abnoxious as Capt.  Hell, poor Capt. couldn't take losing to us so many times, he decided to make fun of us instead, since he couldn't beat us in a CB.  That's how the BS mock sites were started. Shocked  Started by a loser that couldn't accomplish his goals.  Yeah, the game is something people get serious about.  And when they can't win, they resort to immatureness.

Justin, if you want to find out why people take RS so serious, try asking your own leader. Shocked   He is the mastermind of losers. Grin
bronto
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2003, 09:52:47 pm »

Rapid...don't talk about Capt and bring up that website, because it's in the past.
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2003, 10:15:57 pm »

Bronto, I know you want to defend your leader, but defend him against what?

For being an asshole who was a sore loser that could not accept losing like a man, so he resorted to personal attacks?  It's a game.  A game some can't stand losing at.  Capt was the perfect example of a sore loser gone haywire.  A sore loser that felt the only way to "get" |?K|, was to make a mock site.  

So you're saying it's ok for: "If you can't beat them, make fun of them"?

Wait, weren't we playing RS, or gettting personal with each other? Shocked

Yup, a game everybody takes serious.  And those that take it more serious than others, get personal with it.  "I can't beat Rapid, so I'll just make fun of him".  Yeah bud, nice team tactics there. Shocked
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads