*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 12:17:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Conservative Hell
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conservative Hell  (Read 963 times)
The Ghost of Bondo
« on: May 09, 2003, 06:40:22 am »

Today so much shit happened that pissed me off newswise which explains the dirty sailor language that follows...
First off, fucking Bush and Blair were nominated for the fucking Nobel Peace Prize for their WAR in Iraq. What the hell, a peace prize for fighting a war? Did I just enter the freaking twilight zone? If they win this any credibility the Nobel Prize had is out the window. This is an award won in the past by people like the Dahli Lama for his incredible record of peace, to Gahndi for his non-violent stance against the British...in other words it has until now gone to rightful causes. However I don't consider killing thousands and casting a country into a state of anarchy in which most aren't getting their basic necessities all in the name of WMDs, Oil, and regime change to be very peaceful. Bullshit bullshit bullshit.
Next point, Bush is now threatening Iran over their nuclear program (that as far as the real proof goes is only for power generation purposes). I don't really care if Iran is trying to get nuclear weapons. This is such hypocritical crap that the US which has every type of WMD known to man seeing as it creates most of them, is telling every other country that it doesn't like to stop. Treaty saying they won't make them or not, this is shit and not worth a war. Iran needs to have some way to defend itself, after all the US has now shown a great willingness to attack anyone with very little reason. Same goes for N. Korea.
Another outrageous tidbit, this retired army guy was talking about how they will have proof that France Germany and Russia were like helping the Iraqis and are hiding Saddam and other high ranking people. Is the US trying to start WWIII with these anti-world moves or what? It is crazy. The US only accepts things its way and anyone who does it any other way is somehow held to be morally corrupt and evil. Perhaps the one that is morally corrupt and evil is the US. If the US continues down this path, if a WWIII were to start, I could easily see myself fighting for the other side.
What is really classic is that most of this information comes via Israeli intelligence. Oh great, so now we are taking the intelligence of a country that continually is violating UN resolutions and has a desire to take over the whole area, at face value? Of course their information will say that Iraq has moved its WMD to Lebanon and Syria, it hates them as well. And nice to see Israel trying to follow the road map to peace with Palistine...Palistine has said they'll go through with it but Israel says there are 15 points they want changed. And they continue to illegally occupy the Palistinian areas and cause human and structural damage and opress the Palistinians.
And what is the deal with economic sanctions, this is an absolutely immoral tool for "peace". The economic sanctions in Iraq starved millions, and now the US has similar plans for Iran, Syria, and other countries that don't obey. The US may not kill many innocent civilians directly but they have doing it indirectly down pat. And once again, Bush is nominated for a peace prize? Heck, if killing millions with your policies is peace, maybe Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Saddam should win it as well.
It is quite crazy, and hopefully it will fall through but the state government of Pennsylvania is trying to make sale of French wine illegal in the state. Can the US look any more idiotic to the rest of the world, I swear the US is in some sort of self-destructive piss everyone else off mode that I don't see ending anytime soon.
There was some talk about secret ops trying to have regime changes in Iran, N. Korea and the like. Don't these fools ever learn from history. We have tried so many times in the past and it almost never worked out and actually usually makes things worse. Why don't they look at history books once in a while?
Finally, the conservatives like to blast the far left and insult the whole liberal side just because one person takes things too far. This is rubbish. The point here is with a leader in NoW (National Organization of Women) who said this man who murdered his wife while pregnant should only face one murder charge because if he faces two it would say the fetus was a child and hurt the abortion cause. This woman is a bit crazy but suddenly this is made to be a reflection on the rest of us. I have the good sense to think that when a baby is not aborted by the mother but rather killed against her will, that it is indeed murder...the two need not be mutually exclusive.
Anyway, this country is really going down the conservative led shitter and unfortunately due to its power it is taking the world down with it. I can only pray for some miracle to save us from this conservative hell.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 07:30:48 am »

Lets take the point that the war is just, I still dont think they deserve the Nobel Prize. That prize goes to people who prevent wars, statesman that resolve them, people that stop oppression through peaceful ways, inventers of inventions that will improve everyday life for all walks of human beings. Generals and Wartime presidents do not deserve them. I dont think FDR or Churchill deserve it, even if they were remarkable leaders.  Now to my opinion. It is inane to put Bush and Blair in the same boat as Gahndi, Gorbecheov, Carter, and Mandela. None of these people caused a War, infact Gorbechov ended one (Afghanistan). The whole idea sickens me. If the US continues down this road, I may have to fight against some of you. I do not want to shoot at you people, but if it comes to the point that this aggression pulls us into a gross conflict, I will do what I have to do.

Now this neo-conservatism is not in my view true conservatism. True conservatism calls for a more laissez faire economy and smaller government. Infact the terms libreral and conservative are greatly misused. For example the abortion issue. The Democrats are conservative as they want to keep current laws, the Republicans are liberal in that they want to change current laws.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 09:03:05 am »

Yeah, the Bush Administration is playing some dangerous games these days. I don't trust any of them farther than I can toss Bondo, which I'll tell you up front isn't all that far.

What scares me more than the Bush Admin's actions is the mindset of the people in this country. Take the Dixie Chicks for example. The simple statement: "I'm ashamed Bush is from Texas" is enough to get them banned from Radio and have people in the streets smashing cds. Yeah, yeah, everyone is entitled to their opinion and all but I can't be the only one who thinks that's an unhealthy reaction to a little criticism.

Simple questioning of Der Furher's -- er I mean Bush's decisions is enough to bring reprisals down on oneself. That is scary shit. And I'm not even gonna get into what the Bush Admin is secretly doing.

On a similar note, my slogans for the 2004 elections:

Regime Change. US. NOW.
Anybody But Bush!!!

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 01:13:14 pm »

I always liked the slogan:  "Re-elect Gore in 2004"

Either way, I'm not especially worried about the Nobel nominations - from what I've heard it's not especially difficult to be nominated, which is really only a political consideration.  I read about a freakish 13-year old boy who's graduating from college who's been nominated for the Peace Prize twice because he witnessed some African tribes sign a treaty.  I don't want to go too far off topic but what the hell?

However, if by some outrage they won the prize, it would in my mind completely invalidate everything Nobel established it for.  

As for the secrecy of the administration, the anti-privacy laws, the wanton disregard for the environment, the populatist militarism, the EXTREME nationalism/imperialism - there are so many parallels you could draw to Nazi Germany that it's unnerving.  Der F?hrer doesn't even seem funny anymore. . .

At least all of us here agree - but why aren't there more people who think as we do in positions of power?

< insert clever and original signature here >
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 02:19:13 pm »

One thing my Comparative Religions professor has mentioned that sounds interesting, although I haven't looked personally.  Basically they analyzed Bin Laden's speech calling for Jihad with Bush's response to 9/11 and call for war and they are strikingly similar in regards to calls for violence against enemy and defense of religion.
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2003, 02:06:17 am »

About the Nobel prize nomination I can't say anything else but mention that Chirac also was in many minds a while ago. Bush and Blair being awarded the peace prize in Oslo, that will never happen.

Couldn't agree with you guys more on the rest of the stuff, especially that with the Dixie Chicks, a very good example of how your society is going down the shitter worryingly fast...

Oh and here's some funny/relevant/disturbing links I got my hands on:
http://www.gorilla-a-gogo.com/viewFile.php?doc=57
http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/top/features/documents/02877253.htm

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
BeefyFigure
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2003, 04:58:08 pm »

You people seriously need to get laid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads