*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 06:35:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Rebuilding
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rebuilding  (Read 852 times)
The Ghost of Bondo
« on: May 05, 2003, 09:15:14 pm »

They had a special on 60 minutes yesterday that basically was saying that Afghanistan is anything but rebuilt and that there is very little progress.  In essence, Bush claimed he would rebuild it in order to get the war to happen, but has basically given them a big fuck you.  This can be seen in that he left Afghanistan out of the budget this year (it was added in by Congress).

With this recent failure to rebuild right there on the horizon, why should we trust Bush to do anything but fuck up Iraq as well?  Many Iraqis, including those who didn't like Saddam are saying that it was better before.

The whole thing brings yet another strike against Bush's credibility.  If he was really in it for the good of the Iraqis and Afghans, there wouldn't be a question of if he was helping them rebuild.  Anything but a clear sign of help from the US will be interpreted by those in the country of a broken promise and colonialism and the hostilities against the US will grow to much greater than they were before.
Jackal.aHa!

"Hump...anyone??" FrEaK Chancellor of Hump

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 10:12:15 pm »

CHEERS BONDO..I agree fully.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

FrEaK FOR LIFE!

NO HUMP = NO OWN!
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 11:07:54 pm »

Well bondo,
Afghanistan will take some time to rebuild, its a country without much industry, infrastructure, and natural resources. Warlordism and civil unrest has shaped afghanistan for quite a while, and it has proven to be damn hard to rebuild the country.
Iraq on the other hand has an infrastructure, it is the 2nd most oil rich country in the world, and its generally stable.
Rebuilding Afghanistan will be much more complicated than rebuilding Iraq, in both cases it will take time. It wouldn't surprise me if the people in iraq are thinking it was better before the war. people went from having the normal necessities before the war, to loosing most of them for a period afterwards. Once more aid is pumped into Iraq, things will get much better for their people.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
ACE Justin Sane

whats the difference between a duck?

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 04:29:47 am »

Bush doesnt give a fuck what happens to Iraq as long as they keep pumping oil
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 05:30:25 pm »

Jeb, it's clear that Bush is trying to hide the Afghanistan issue as much as possible. Bush doesn't really give a shit about Afghanistan because there's nothing to be gained from them economically, he probably sees it as an economic black hole. This pretty much blows his argument about helping people to democracy and freedom into small pieces and just centers the big picture on money (and oil).

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2003, 07:08:38 pm »

Let's get Bush out of office, restore stability to Iraq and get the fuck out of the middle east. No more imperialism.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 07:41:10 pm »

There's no question that there is always politics behind war, and for Iraq is oil.  As far as afghan, I don't really know, either than Bush wanted to get back at Osama.

The King of Pistoleros
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2003, 08:19:03 pm »

I think in Afghanistan, Bush wanted the benefits...damaging Al Queda's effectiveness, without the costs...having to give proper aid to Afghanistan to get it back in running order.

But like tasty said, let's get Bush out of office.  I can't think of anything worse for this country than Bush getting re-elected.
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 12:14:07 am »

I have to agree with tasty

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads