*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 04:26:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Rogue Spear won't ever die,Ghr will?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rogue Spear won't ever die,Ghr will?  (Read 2033 times)
iMat

well,when we meet,1 on 1,let's draw our guns,and i promise you'll be in your grave before you can say iMat...

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2003, 07:41:20 pm »

yo guys thx for the replies Smiley

but i wasn't saying ghr sucked,cuz ghr is actually qiot a nice game,once u get used to it...i just liked the fact that rs still has an active community,after all it dates back to 2000...

give it a rest - it's an online forum, people
« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 03:05:24 am by jn.loudnotes » Logged

"what's the meaning of life?to kick ass,and own newbies,to improve your emotional intelligence on GameRanger?Nah just live and have fun,and when you die,be satisfied!"   iMat
ShadowBox

No Hump = No Own

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2003, 06:11:43 pm »

RS does still have a following in the community. However, the main reason is that a large portion of those people do not have the money for, nor do they desire a new computer, and therefore cannot run GhR (or Rvs when it comes).

For me, unfortunately, RS has all but died because of the fact that it will not run under OS X natively. And restarting into OS 9 is just too much of a hassle considering that RS is the only reason that it is still on my tower.

If RS would get an update to run on OS X, I'd start playing it again because the game play is pretty good. And most of my friends in the community are still playing RS as I've moved on to GhR.

No Hump = No Own

Snipes

God Bless The Freaks

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2003, 07:41:04 pm »

Shadowbox, that is the exact reason  Grin I do not have a fast enough computer to run Ghr, if I did, therfore I would play it, but I have a 266, and my family is pretty much poor.. we probably only have about 2 Grand tops of money. That is why I cannot afford to buy a new computer. But, Even if I did have Ghr, I would still play RS frequently, because it is a very good title, and it shall never die..

Snipes
Email: johnzy@excite.com
AIM: FreakDork685
GameRanger ID: 28710

www.turning.to/sgt
Snipes Gun Targets
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2003, 05:42:54 am »

<off-topic to snipey>

I removed your reply because it was a reply to an insult that I also removed.  Pay attention.  As for your original insult, I removed that because it was an insult, not a smart and well-organized reply.  

My patience level as of this post= 50%. . .when it drops to zero I'll recommend a ban like everyone else.

< insert clever and original signature here >
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2003, 06:06:45 am »

RS does still have a following in the community. However, the main reason is that a large portion of those people do not have the money for, nor do they desire a new computer, and therefore cannot run GhR (or Rvs when it comes).
Shadow thats only for a few people i hang on OSX but still think Rs is far better then Ghost recon and when RVS comes out i may buy it but probably just ip join with my leet PC Smiley

On a sidenote what is it with graphics cards and macs, macs have two 128 mb Cards and PC's already have two 256 mb cards...

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
spike
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2003, 10:51:44 am »

i have been away from RS for about 8 months, and its damn depressing that it seems to have died....i have been out of the loop, when is raven shield coming out? how dead is RS? and also, how alive is ghost recon? someone clue me in, please?
Killa_Absalon
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2003, 04:41:27 pm »

Me personally thinks that RS isnt dead. GhR is too much about camping and stuff, and the gameplay is also not very well. I have a fast computer so if RvS comes out, i'll start to play it. But i wont stop playing RS coz its so beautiful  Grin
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2003, 05:58:46 pm »

Spike, RS is not dead. There is almost always a RS game up.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
spike
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2003, 12:02:26 pm »

Grin thats damn good to hear.
dragonic
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2003, 11:04:44 pm »

RvS rocks, i played in a windows thing  and yes its fun, a bit more arcade play style, easyr to aim and weapons are more stable enz... But you still can die with 1 hit....
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2003, 11:58:46 pm »

Well, to be honest I love both games.  Granted I ahvent played RS in a long time but I still love the game.  Now if they were to make an OSX version for the game I would again be all over it.  RS is a good game but since the makers refuse to make an OSX version for the game RS might be the first to die out.  Hopefully they make an OSX version of the game.  That would be sweet.  And especially since now Mac's are not coming with 9 at all that might present a problem for the future of RS.

+MOD+Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2003, 05:06:11 am »

That is highly unliekly that anyone will make a Carbonized version of Rogue Spear.  Macsoft's license with Redstorm has all but expired...I think
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2003, 09:05:09 pm »

Unfortunately, that is why I think that RS will die out, because hte new comps being released are not coming with OS9, so therefore unless OS9 can be put onto the new maching RS will become another moment in history =(

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Ledorax

Embassy Sux

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2003, 09:38:55 pm »

if starcraft 2 comes out, I think I will quit playing GhR  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Rammstein Rulez
Semper-Fi
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2003, 05:30:07 am »

I have not played RS in ages.  Last time I had a good game was probably a year ago.  I hate the fact that my computer is now fully OS X because I am forced into GHR, when in reality, my heart stays with RS.

I will never forget the great games I had, and the awesome fun I had with the greatest people on earth: the community of GameRanger. I will never forget *POD*, and the awesome friends I had on GR.

My heart will stay with RS, and every FPS will likely pale in comparison with the times experienced on GR.

-semp
 Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads