*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 06:28:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Rogue Spear won't ever die,Ghr will?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rogue Spear won't ever die,Ghr will?  (Read 2043 times)
iMat

well,when we meet,1 on 1,let's draw our guns,and i promise you'll be in your grave before you can say iMat...

« on: May 05, 2003, 07:52:09 pm »

I'm just glad rogue spear still has a certain amount of players wich still,regularly plays..We all remember the good old days,when RS had a blasting Battle league
clans rised and felt...
Cb's where much more intense than the Ghost Recon games.
Ghost recon is nice,but it hasn't got the real action touch wich RS is proud to have..

Just wanted to share my opinion with ya guys Smiley

Ghr or RS ..

Cheers,iMat

"what's the meaning of life?to kick ass,and own newbies,to improve your emotional intelligence on GameRanger?Nah just live and have fun,and when you die,be satisfied!"   iMat
Snipes

God Bless The Freaks

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 08:05:57 pm »

and the awnser to your question, 'RS or GHR?', it most certainly is Rogue Spear.

Snipey, now is probably not the best time to publicly insult anyone.  Use some common sense before I get tired of defending you
« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 02:09:52 am by jn.loudnotes » Logged

Snipes
Email: johnzy@excite.com
AIM: FreakDork685
GameRanger ID: 28710

www.turning.to/sgt
Snipes Gun Targets
[01] Dark

The [01] and only...

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 08:14:18 pm »

well what happens when Raven Shield comes out? only the computers that cant handle Raven Shield will continue playing RS.

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 08:59:47 pm »

Snipey, I will be glad to 1v1 you and I am sure iMat would too.

Ok. . .chillax all. . .Snipey's abuse was deleted and so is yours - I'm retaining only the substance of your post
« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 02:10:58 am by jn.loudnotes » Logged

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Jackal.aHa!

"Hump...anyone??" FrEaK Chancellor of Hump

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 10:15:39 pm »

RS is more dead than hazards dick, lol j/k Wink

But RS is dead..GhR will live on for now..but all games die after time. Its a fact of the world.  Raven Shield comes out..."RS..what the fuck is RS"..."i only play RvS"

See...lol...not making sense...

Major Jack(al)

FrEaK FOR LIFE!

NO HUMP = NO OWN!
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 10:26:36 pm »

Rogue Spear is dead! Long live Rogue Spear!
...but all games die after time. Its a fact of the world...
That's not entirely true... I still have a comp full of old games that I play on occasion. Who can refuse classics like Stuntcopter, Brickles, Scarab of Ra, and, of course, Tetris. A Mac Plus/SE/Classic makes a great little Tetris machine.

My god Snipey, what ever shall we do with you? If you would go back and actually READ iMat's post you might note that he was saying that RS is better than GhR.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 10:30:58 pm »

RS will die. GhR will die. Duh.

R6 was a far better game than RS with regards to gameplay. It is now all but dead. RS will die a similar death as it faces one of the problems R6 faced: it is not OS X native. People will soon tire of booting into OS 9 to play those games. GhR will die once RvS comes out if RvS is as good as rumored. However, it will hold on longer because it is OS X native.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2003, 10:59:58 pm »

At least until OS XI comes out...

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Clan *NADS
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2003, 01:07:57 am »

RS shall never die

it most certainly is Rogue Spear

Contradicting comments. . .

All the "RS is dead" stuff is bullshit. I look on GameRanger right now. What do I see? 3 RS games! A 'dead' game doesn't have 3 games hosted, and almost always at least one.

Making the comparison between the ammount of RS games, and the ammount of GHR games is an unfair comparison. Is RTCW dead, because there are 1,200 servers, compared to 2,100 for MOH?

That's like saying "You suck at skiing because I am better than you." It's not a fair comparison.

The eventual 'death' of Rogue Spear will be new computers, that can no longer run Mac OS9. [/color]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 02:12:34 am by jn.loudnotes » Logged

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2003, 01:50:33 am »

GhR will die once RvS comes out if RvS is as good as rumored.
It is as good as rumored, Since There is no game like Bf 1942 to really rival it like on pc it will be huge Cheesy

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
(SEALs) one

I am and always will be Agent #1

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2003, 02:33:01 am »

Currently the only reason why I still play Rogue Spear is because of my computer Smiley))_

I am and always will be Agent #1
Jackal.aHa!

"Hump...anyone??" FrEaK Chancellor of Hump

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 02:41:09 am »

OOOO ACE!!

I wish and pray Battlefield 1942 comes to the mac..hell to play that game, i will buy a new mac, and yes finally upgrade to OSX. lol
« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 02:41:49 am by Major Jackal.aHa! » Logged

FrEaK FOR LIFE!

NO HUMP = NO OWN!
ACE Justin Sane

whats the difference between a duck?

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 04:21:44 am »

I agree with typhy, RS will only die when nobodys comps can play it because of not having OS9.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2003, 04:46:12 am »

Oh god, I would give anything to fly a sturmovik into an invading collum of Panzers coming into my motherland. If BF 1942 came out, I would immediatly quit GhR and go to BF42, plus all my college buddies and old high school buddies play it.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2003, 04:54:28 am »

Drool...Man, I'd stop playing everything if BF 1942 came out for Mac..and I had a Mac that could run it. I might even pay a monthly fee if I had to..God that game looks shmexy. Mmmm..Battlefield 1942..aglglglglglgl...oooh, donuts!

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Snipes

God Bless The Freaks

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2003, 06:57:10 am »

What moderator removed my, very smart, and organized reply!?!!??!!?!?

Snipes
Email: johnzy@excite.com
AIM: FreakDork685
GameRanger ID: 28710

www.turning.to/sgt
Snipes Gun Targets
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2003, 08:39:41 am »

What moderator removed my, very smart, and organized reply!?!!??!!?!?

Snipey, I can only pray this is in jest.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Clan *NADS
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2003, 11:05:24 am »

Yeah, I'm with you guys: BF1942 would trump everything else. If it was well-ported (Omni Group, anyone?), I'd be on it faster than Cossack on vodka. I've played it at several LAN parties and at friends' houses, and it's such a fun game.

<rant that you'll only understand if you've played BF1942>I just wish that either people couldn't eject from planes when the planes were on the verge of blowing up or that if someone ejected from a severely damaged plane, the person who caused the damage would get a kill. My passion is flying. Give me a Zero and I'll play one-man air superiority all day. I've gone through half-hour games in which I was responsible for twenty+ ejects but had only one or two points, because you never kill people in dogfights. They always eject first. Then I look like deadweight to my team. Bah. Bah, I say.</rant that you'll only understand if you've played BF1942>

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Mainyman
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2003, 04:07:51 pm »

RS is brain dead.. yet its still allive. GHR is a far better game and can be modded into prob a better game then rvs. GHR has unlimted bounderies. RvS i heard sucks for what it offers like...ummmmm problems.. like "pistol zoom" wtf last time ic hecked a 92F doesnt have a pistol zoom... i guess u squent harder for the zoom lol... it has problems...
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2003, 05:49:18 pm »

I know what you're saying Loth, I like boats and tanks more though, it's more down to ground (or water hehe) Wink
I always play BF42 when I'm at LAN gaming places.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads