*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 12:19:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Democrat Primaries
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Democrat Primaries  (Read 1196 times)
The Ghost of Bondo
« on: May 05, 2003, 12:59:28 am »

With the debate in South Carolina last night and the upcoming New Hapshire and SC primaries, the run for the democratic nomination for 06 is starting to heat up.  There is a solidified field of 9 and out of those, probably 4 have a reasonable shot at the nomination.

I personally think having such a deep field of potential candidates is will be good in challanging Bush.  By the time it gets narrowed down to 1, that one will be the strongest candidate possible.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 02:09:01 am »

I don't know about that but if Al Sharpton runs for president im painting myself black. du du du

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Snipes

God Bless The Freaks

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 02:14:37 am »

Curse the mindless Democrats, all hale the Republicans. For example, if President Clinton (Democrat) was not president, 9/11, and the hold Iraqi shit would not have started. I do have to say:

F U C K     C L I N T O N      D A M I T  ! ! ! ! !    Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
« Last Edit: May 05, 2003, 02:15:28 am by Snipey » Logged

Snipes
Email: johnzy@excite.com
AIM: FreakDork685
GameRanger ID: 28710

www.turning.to/sgt
Snipes Gun Targets
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 02:30:26 am »

Don't Blame that shit one Clinton you are a complete fool! whole "Iraqi shit" is the U.S. Attacking Sadaam, So how was that Clintons Fault? and explain why 9/11 is Clintons fault also just because he was in office a year before it took place does not mean its his fault...

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 03:14:43 am »

snipey do us all a favor and don't ever vote.

most people now are billing this as a Dean vs Kerry race, and the New Hampshire primary will be critical in that contest since they are both from states that neighbor New Hampshire. However, the first primary is teh Iowa primary and all Iowa polls show Dick Gephardt with a commanding lead. I'm not sure who the fourth candidate bondo is talking about would be? Edwards or Lieberman I assume? Edwards raised a lot of money but he is too young and inexperienced and he is polling low numbers just about everywhere. Lieberman is on his way out too, as he has mediocre numbers and raised very little money.

Personally I support Howard Dean and have been working on his campaign, because he is intelligent, liberal, and has a strong domestic plan that I think will alleviate many current problems. His combination of social liberalism and fiscal conservatism will be a good one I think. The only democrat I wouldn't vote for against Bush would be Lieberman, because he is practically a Republican and he has been one of the biggest proponents of censorship and other "moral" puritan bullshit. If I had to make an honest prediction on who would win the nomination I would say Kerry, but I'm not ruling out Dean who is running a strong insurgent campaign. Obviously the most important thing is getting Bush out of the white house, so the only way I'll probably vote green is if Lieberman is the nominee.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 03:35:10 am »

Tasty, I was saying Lieberman was the fourth, and while he may be a sucky Democratic candidate, he is perhaps a strong presidential candidate because he is more moderate.

I have no personal preferences...that thing last night wasn't televised was it...I only caught it on the news.  I really would need a good source that breaks down their stances to really know.

I'd say I lean towards Gephardt for his subsudized insurance plan and with him being from Missouri he is right in the center of the country...which might help him draw votes in the south and midwest better than those from the East Coast.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 04:42:56 am »

Man I wish there was a Texan in the white house, not some prissy wanna-be cowboy, I mean a real Texan. I want an LBJ! Give me a nice Lyndon Baines Johnson fella and I'll vote for him (yes I am a citizen Shocked Your country lets an jackass become a citizen hahaha). Give me a new FDR, but since all of them suck in my view, I'll have to go with Dean at this moment. However if Kerry is the best man for ousting Bush outta the White House back to his fucking ranch in fucking Waco area hickland Texas where he can do all the cow tipping he wants. I will be all for it.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
(SEALs) one

I am and always will be Agent #1

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2003, 04:50:59 am »

My guess
John Kerry vs. George W. Bush

and John Kerry wins

on a side note
Cossack if you really want a Texan to become president, than send our govenor or hitchike a ride for yourself to the White House. Smiley)

one

I am and always will be Agent #1
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 05:21:23 am »

Okay,

Now is the time for all true Americans to hold hands and focus our energy on bringing either Teddy or FDR back from the dead.

Please god, send us another Roosevelt....

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 04:50:44 pm »

Bah one, I dont want to send Prick Perry to Washington. Prick Perry can suck my Prick.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 09:09:34 pm »

I wanted to comment on tasty's mentioning of fundraising of the different candidates.  Does anyone else see this importance on money completely undemocratic?  Public office shouldn't go to the highest bidder.
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 12:26:42 am »

Bondo, that's exactly why I always vote that politicians shouldn't be able to receive money from the private sector in nationstates.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 03:20:40 am »

well bondo like it or not thats the bullshit world we live in. just last week a federal judge declared campaign finance reform illegal. if you cant raise any money, the party will give you no respect and you'll lose all your support. for those of you that havent followed this, here is the current money rankings:
1. Edwards
2. Kerry
3. Gephardt
4. Dean
5. Lieberman
6. Graham
7. Sharpton
8. Kucinich
9. Mosely Braun

so yeah i wish we had publicly funded elections and private citizens couldnt use money at all, but we dont. our electoral system needs serious reform (instant runoff voting would be nice too).

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
-SW- Baz

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2003, 12:42:00 pm »

why is GR so liberal?

and then....why does everyone think bush wont get re elected? he has like 60+% popular apporoval right now...

He who lives by the sword gets shot by those who don't.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2003, 02:58:35 pm »

Well Baz, most people here are libral because younger people tend to lean to the left.

We really do not like Bush, so we hope he dosent get elected. Dole really didnt have a chance against Clinton, yet many republicans beleived he would win. Its common human nature to beleive your canidate will win.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2003, 04:00:48 pm »

and then....why does everyone think bush wont get re elected? he has like 60+% popular apporoval right now...

Popular approval does not a vote make.  It is much easier to say you approve of someone than to say you would rather have that person than another.  And polls have shown to be biased by war.  A few weeks before the war in Iraq the support for it was 50/50 with those not supporting it.  Then the war starts and suddenly it is 70/30 and the arrogant conservatives like Bill O'Reilly claim that is proof that most american's support the war when in reality it shows that most americans are being image patriots.

If not for this war, Bush would only have domestic issues to go on and his numbers would be dismal.  Politically speaking, Bush was lucky as hell to get 9/11 because tragedy is naturally a rallying point.  Without that and the war in Iraq he'd be toast.
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2003, 05:44:13 pm »

Didn't Bush Sr. have like 70% approval ratings before the election vs Clinton? He lost didn't he? I don't think approval ratings mean a whole lot.

There aren't that many more 'liberals' on here than there are republicans, I just think the liberals are more active around here. Also the republicans just get owned when they try to post anything around here Wink

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2003, 06:57:41 pm »

why is GR so liberal?
I wouldn't say GR is liberal at all. If I went into the bar and grill and said something like, "Bush's deficit busting tax reduction will hurt American workers" or "Bush's judicial nominees are threatening the critical right of choice for America's workers", a slew of people would jump all over me. I find that there are very few liberals in any sort of population of computer nerds. It only seems like this forum is liberal because many of the most active posters including me, bondo, kami, loudnotes, and cossack frequently express liberal views. There are plenty of conservatives on gameranger/DAMN, prominent ones I can think of including ace, sin, jeb, and spaz. The important thing to note is that this isn't is polarized as I make it seem, since politics are a spectrum and cannot be marginalized into two narrowly defined groups. People I would say that fit in between include loth, cookie, and buccaneer.

I am liberal because I have no desire to live in a theocracy or have my lifestyle decided by people whose views on morality and society have not evolved since the miocene epoch. I also despise greed and love the environment, two other reasons to oppose a pro-business government.

What are the basic, fundamental reasons behind your political beliefs?

Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2003, 01:51:15 am »

To tell you the truth tasty, jeb is a democrat. True he presents republican arguments for the war. There are dems that are pro-war. Hell theres Kerry and Leibermann. For instance Jeb is no where near the religious right, he is pro-choice, pro-war, etc. This is what I've got from talking with him and whatnot. There are some things where I am conservative on. I am a bit old style when it comes to politics, I am in favor of a prosperous economy and I am not that involved in the enviroment although I understand its importance. Economics, Social Prosperity, and angst against religious interference in state are the reasons behind my views.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads