*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 06:24:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  MP Server
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MP Server  (Read 1402 times)
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« on: April 21, 2003, 04:37:10 pm »

This is just a praise post for the good guys over at MP.  I wanna say thank you for the use of your server from all of us over at the collective.  Everyone knows the MP server because its like the only Mac dedicated server that is ALWAYS up, and if you know the MP servers you know they dont lag....EVER!  So far the collective has had a 7v7 and two 5v5's, both great.  Bucc fliped a coin for pick of team and first map HAHA!  Worked fine.  So you all know....because i didnt, first you must mail MP to request a cb (mp@macclans.com ) and putt in date, clans in cb, type of cb (4v4,5v5,6v6....)  and say who helped you get the server (on line member of MP).  From there they asked me for a admin password, set up the server and away we went to a dramaless game!  

Thanks again MP =)      

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 11:25:05 pm »

Don't forget that we have 2 dedicated servers
***GASP***
Both are 450mhz G4 Cubes,
Bucc has one of them in detroit on a T1,
Ace has the other one on a OC3 in LA.
Also, if they crash just ask one of us to turn it back on again (remote access).
You can email the clan, or drop a line on the shitty forums on our site
http://mp.macclans.com

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
c|"Sixhits"
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 11:48:38 pm »

Despite MP being a bunch of noobs ...... and constantly insulting my sexuality .... and insinuating a desire to have me lick balls ..... I love MP!

god bless ;-)

six
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 03:37:05 am »

Last but not least, refrain from pissing us off. Many of us (such as me) are on a power trip, or (also like me) are very drunk.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 08:26:07 am »

lol cossacky nice avatar big guy

don't forget your roots eh?

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 05:24:12 pm »

I did make the icon, off of some Russian Spetsnaz unit. I would put |MP| on it but that would cause some problems.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 10:51:32 pm »

Jeb, Ace doesn't have OC3.  He has a segmented T3 line which he recieves 6mb of.  Noob  Smiley

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
mainman weeee2
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 02:11:29 am »

ya i agree, ty MP for banning me for no apparent reason

thx agian!
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2003, 02:16:42 am »

You're welcome
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 02:16:58 am by Ace » Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2003, 03:04:59 am »

Oh yeah, I love a good own.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2003, 05:27:10 am »

I love it when my name is in SS's. It makes me feel so..special. But yes, thanks for the dedicated servers and whatnot. Also, thanks for keeping your servers an idiot-free enviroment. You get the Blind Guy Award.  Cool

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2003, 12:10:38 am »

I agree with c| there.  |MP| has always been the most dedicated server in GR for ghost recon and I as well praise them for that.  Ace's server has been the most dedicated to strictly ghost recon games with no mods, adn again I praise him for that as well.  Although the other |MP| server MP server #2 has been playing theri new mod so much that it has been taking the non MOD gaming away from the other clans and non-clan members out there.  i think it is kewl that they meda their own mod and again I praise them for that as well.  But I think they should keep their dedicated servers strictly no mod's.  Other then that Congrat's Bucc on you're new wonder of the world, and keep it up |MP| on the great dedicated servers you have been putting out there.

+MOD+Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2003, 08:04:10 am »

...it has been taking the non MOD gaming away from the other clans and non-clan members out there.

What do you mean, Saberian? I'm having a hard time following this sentence.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2003, 04:31:14 pm »

means that he cant do the non-modded shit.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2003, 01:51:05 am »

well, the reason we are playing the mod on server 2 so muck is because we want more pubic opinion on it.

the idea behind the mp mod is simple. fix what ubi soft fucked up and make it so that in theory,an mp5 is a viable choice against a whole squad of oicws

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2003, 02:14:34 am »

Reaction to the Mod has been entirely positive. Which could imply selection, in that people who don't like mods aren't going to play it in the first place, and people who don't like it aren't telling me. If there's something you don't like about the Mod, please let me know. The whole reason it's at version 0.6.x rather than something closer to version 1 (implying more stability and getting more people to play it, probably) is because I want to leave myself plenty of version numbers for bug fixes and tweaks based on suggestions. Once again: if you have an idea or suggestion for the Mod, tell me (or another |MP|, who can relay it to me). If you find a bug or something that needs adjusting, tell me (or another |MP|, yadda yadda). The Mod is almost finished, and I want to get all the bugfixes and whatnot out of the way before I slap the 1.0 on it.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2003, 07:29:01 pm »

I meant no pun or insult about you're guys MOD when I wrote the above sentence.  I think that making a mod shows a lot about the clan and I give ya kudos for that.  I was just saying that when I play a dedicated server I like to play the original game.  that's all.  But it totally makes sense that you would put the mod on there for public opinion and I have no gripes about it.  I think that you guys do have the best servers and I stand by that.  I was just making that statement as well cause at the time the MP Modded server was the only one up for a long time.  I just love the normal game u guys host.  Although I must admit assasination is a sweet server side mod as well =)

+MOD+Saberian  pro |MP| server

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2003, 10:59:00 pm »

Brain, why would you want pubic opinion about anything? Wink

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2003, 11:16:43 pm »

lol, so many noobs got pissed off when we were playing that new assassination mod lastnight. I thought it was pretty cool because the smaller team could attack the larger one, but lots of people didn't. I think the largest problem with playing mods, or a serverside is that people get confused, and angry. When people are angry, they make me angry, and i start mass genocidal bannings.

Aside from all that crap about fixing the guns and such that ubi didn't, the best part of the MP mod is the ChickenLauncher with a Squirl cannon. Nothing could be funnier than dodging chicken rockets, or getting blow up by a squirl. I'm trying to talk loth into making a gun that shoots beer cans, and cigarettes  Grin

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads