*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:22:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Who do you hate most / like least?
Poll
Question: Which political leader do you hate most?
Saddam Hussein of Iraq - 7 (20%)
George W. Bush of the U.S. - 14 (40%)
Jacques Chirac of France - 9 (25.7%)
Tony Blair of Britain - 0 (0%)
Kim Jong II of North Korea - 3 (8.6%)
Vladmir Putin of Russia - 2 (5.7%)
Gerhard Schroeder of Germany - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who do you hate most / like least?  (Read 2692 times)
SanitarySal
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2005, 06:24:46 am »

I think these Poll results are hilarious.
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2005, 08:14:40 am »

I have two things to say, more responding to the actions of Chirac and his accomplice, than the discussion of who saved whos butt in a more complete fashion, in events that all happened over 60 years ago.

1) As Cossack said it was wrong and stupid of those two to run around the game TKing and being generaly a pair of jackasses.  It's pretty lame they cant think of a better way to express themselves by ruining the game for other people, who have no connection to the actions of the U.S.

2) Calling Americans 'baby killers' pisses me off more than just a bit.  The Mae Lay (sp?) massacre was conducted by a small handful of men, not by the entire U.S army in the Vietnam conflict.  Horrible, yes.  A tragedy, undoubtedly.  Reflecting the nature of all of the American Armed Forces? Hardly.  Reflecting and demonstrating the entire population of the United States, give me a fucking break.

If you try to tell me that the comment wasnt directed to the events in Vietnam, then it is even more faulty.  In war, bombs and explosives arent particular about who or what they kill.  Ill bet you that in more than one occasion the French in their own involvement in Vietnam killed their fair share of babies, either intentionally or by accident.  So does every country involved in war.  People of all ages and walks of life die.  It is how it works.  Period.  Im not saying its good, or acceptable, but them's the way things happen, and we cant change that.

Anyway, in ending, guys dont insult the individual French infantry man.  In WWI they went through absolute hell, and were only so viciously butchered because of poor leadership of their generals, not by any fault of their own.  WW2, same story.  Without the French resistance the invasion of Normandy might not have gone off the way it did, or if it did, casualties would have been -much- higher. 

I havent studied their involvement in Vietnam enough, but i bet the same thing applies there.  The one thing i do know, was in Dien Ben Phu (sp?) it was a deathtrap the commanders ordered their men into, and let them get sliced to ribbons.

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2005, 12:57:02 pm »

Behaving like a jackass in a game dosn't help anyone. Dosn't mean you start roasting a whole country..

If your american and u choose Tony Blair your an idiot, he is our biggest ally. Britain is one of the or the only country that actually stood up and is fighting with us against Iraq.

Biggist ally and also a fucking idiot. We will hopfully be voting his ass out of Downing Street ASAP. Stood up to what exactly, the false intelligence? Pity he won't stand up to what is happening In Israel or Guantanimo bay or Africa. Its all Bullshit.

Ps.... Hello the US would still be a little British Colony if it wasn't for the French! You probably really don't like that but its true.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2005, 03:16:30 pm »

lol I was reading this thread, and I was like, holy shit, cossack, and mattster, and tasty and kami and mellow!...and then I noticed the dates on the thread.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 03:32:19 pm »

Behaving like a jackass in a game dosn't help anyone. Dosn't mean you start roasting a whole country..
Ps.... Hello the US would still be a little British Colony if it wasn't for the French! You probably really don't like that but its true.

No, it isn't true.  The French only came in with massive help at the very end of the American Revolution.  Yeah, that's right....just like in every other war--the French only help after America has done most of the fighting.  I just love European Revisionist History.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 03:38:20 pm »

Go read:
http://revolution.h-net.msu.edu/essays/carp.html
http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/sfelshin/saintonge/frhist.html
http://www.harlingen.isd.tenet.edu/coakhist/amrev.html
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 03:40:25 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 03:47:19 pm »

I said "massive help". I'm not saying they didn't help at all throughout the Revolutionary War, I'm simply saying that the massive help they brought in wasn't until near the end.  Also, the French government that helped us and aided us at that time was not the same government that spits upon us today.  That government (the monarchy) was overthrown in their own French Revolution a few years later (between 1789 and 1799).  The government of France today has nothing to do with the government of France that aided the U.S. during that war.  I would venture to say that if France had remained a monarchy, we would probably get along a lot better with them to this day, and wars like World War I, World War II, and the Vietnam War might have turned out totally different, or might not have happened at all.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 04:10:21 pm »

Ok.

So if the govermnent of France today has nothing to do with the government of France that aided the U.S. during the war then we can apply the visa versa - the goverment of the US today is without doubt completely and utterly different than when the US was dragged into the Second World war and helped join the allies in the battle against Germany. Therfore people can stfu about expecting france to grovel at your feet becasue America helped free france in the 2nd world war. Nobody else dose so i don't see why some americans feel differently.

I said "massive help". I'm not saying they didn't help at all throughout the Revolutionary War, I'm simply saying that the massive help they brought in wasn't until near the end
Visa versa again... Help is help both ways.

st like in every other war--the French only help after America has done most of the fighting

Perhaps they arn't just so stupid as to believe that fighting will always solve all problems in all circumstances, and which ever yother war would we be refering to?

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2005, 05:26:42 pm »

So if the govermnent of France today has nothing to do with the government of France that aided the U.S. during the war then we can apply the visa versa - the goverment of the US today is without doubt completely and utterly different than when the US was dragged into the Second World war and helped join the allies in the battle against Germany. Therfore people can stfu about expecting france to grovel at your feet becasue America helped free france in the 2nd world war. Nobody else dose so i don't see why some americans feel differently.

No, not the same at all.  We have the same government with the same Constitution that we had during WWI, WWII, and nearly every other war, with the exception of the Revolutionary War (we were a Confederacy then).  So your statement just shows how little you know about politics, real history (not your revisionist European History), and what governments were in place when.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2005, 05:41:23 pm »

We have the same government with the same Constitution that we had during WWI, WWII, and nearly every other war

Um hello? Same goverment... same people is it? For some reason i don't remember seeing George bush leading his country in the 2nd world war for some reason... or Donald Rumsfield etc ect. Do they have the same political interests, the same personal and religious agendas? um no i think not. hence my point... It is not the same.

We don't expect the french to kiss our feet for the british effort to help save France and fight against the german invasion... Nobody in Europe does - The Candians don't for their help.. nobody except America. Why is this? do you feel somehow threatened and as a result feel some need to try and inpose a sense of superiority over others?

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2005, 05:50:22 pm »

do you feel somehow threatened and as a result feel some need to try and inpose a sense of superiority over others?

Oh, you didn't know?  We ARE superior to every other nation on earth.  Now bow down before us before we nuke your silly asses!

muhahahahahaha

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2005, 06:22:42 pm »

True Ghostsniper .. America has without doubt more military hardware and capacity than anyone else...

Just a pity the guys controling that power have less inteligence than a Five year old delinquent.

Ps... were you just gonna ignore the rest of the post?

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2005, 06:25:16 pm »

Although i still fail to understand why you have to type in a font-size that could be related to some penis-problems, I have to admit that this is the first sane post i have seen from your keyboard, in a long time Ghostsniper.

The type is just big and blue....the way I like it (Big Blue is IBM, by the way....the people who make the PowerPC Chips for Apple....that's the only connection with my type).

Best regards
from a gay, shit-scared american, living abroad.

Wow, I didn't know you were gay....or an American living abroad.  That ALMOST explains a lot....lol

*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2005, 06:27:06 pm »

FWIW, the Articles of Confederation weren't signed until after the war, so during the Revolutionary War we were not yet a Confederacy. We were a generally undefined group of individuals who were fighting against their colonial power. Many people in the colonies were not on our side. I find it odd that you would chide him on historical accuracy while making an error. I guess if you really want to define what the "Americans" were during the Revolutionary War, we were freedom fighters...or from the view of the British, terrorists.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2005, 06:30:34 pm »

Ps... were you just gonna ignore the rest of the post?

No, but I think you see where I was coming from with the same government thing.  Discussing it further was just futile, I thought.  Sometimes it is just better to drop a discussion than getting all worked up over it....something I've learned over the past 2 years on this forum.  And besides, even though we hardly ever agree on anything...I still like you BFG and don't care to get into too many more angry arguments (where my passion for my beliefs outweighs my ability to type in a civilized fashion).

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2005, 06:36:25 pm »

FWIW, the Articles of Confederation weren't signed until after the war, so during the Revolutionary War we were not yet a Confederacy. We were a generally undefined group of individuals who were fighting against their colonial power. Many people in the colonies were not on our side. I find it odd that you would chide him on historical accuracy while making an error. I guess if you really want to define what the "Americans" were during the Revolutionary War, we were freedom fighters...or from the view of the British, terrorists.

Hey moron....yes you.  The Articles of Confederation were agreed to by Congress on November 15, 1777, and were ratified and in force on March 1, 1781.  The American Revolutionary War lasted from April 19, 1775, to September 3, 1783, when the Treaty of Paris was signed.  The treaty was ratified by Congress on January 14, 1784.  So yes, during the Revolutionary War, we were a Confederacy.

Now, unless you have a BA in History (soon to be a Masters), I suggest you leave the history lessons for those who have actually studied them in-depth.

*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2005, 10:19:28 pm »

I wasn't nasty with you GS, why are you always so uppity?

Anyway, by your own numbers, the US was only a Federation for at most the last third of the war. Thus for the majority, my description is accurate.

I think I shall remember to, next time there is an environmental discussion, to say, unless you have a BA in Environmental Studies, I suggest you leave the lessons for those who have actually studied them in-depth. Maybe then you would realize how condescending it sounds. And you'd see that maybe saying that doesn't mean you are 100% right as I've somewhat pointed out above by showing how your dates (which I dont' contest) partially support my claim that you wrote me off as a moron for.
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2005, 10:26:11 pm »

You know what's funny? We're all arguing because of a thread that died almost two years ago.

Lets all leave this alone, and if you want i can move everything into a new thread so you can keep bickering.

By the way, Sal, im officially irked with you for bringing a dead thread back up.

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2005, 10:28:06 pm »

I wasn't nasty with you GS, why are you always so uppity?

Sorry Bondo, just having a bad day.  Didn't mean to sound so arrogant.

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2005, 01:04:24 am »

Hahahaha

What the fuck... I was reading the topics on the main page, and saw this thread... then my name, and that got me to thinking... umm, what the hell... I never posted this...

Wow...

Come on guys, read the dates, don't get into a flame war that's two years old.

And SanitarySal: You're retarded.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads