*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 08:17:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  NHL Playoffs
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NHL Playoffs  (Read 2459 times)
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2003, 03:05:20 am »

Avs lost today so it is now 3-2...still, I'd rather lose a game when I'm up 3-1 in a series than when I'm 3-0 down  Grin
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2003, 04:07:19 am »

I dont give a feck about NHL, I DONT give a fecking feck about HOCKEY..  

Say it to my face snipey. And LOL @ the wings....

Damn it, the leafs have fallen behind!!!!!! That was brutal!

Btw, Go Avs...I followed Roy from The Habs to the Avs...by far the best goalie ever....and Hassek is a fucking retard.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2003, 04:09:11 am by -MP5- Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2003, 07:12:24 pm »

I have come to the conclusion that I want either Dallas or St. Louis to win. Feckin Buffalo borderline bankrupt bastards don't make the playoffs =(

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Golo

Microsoft (where the queers are)

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2003, 01:09:09 am »

I need Nomad to knit me a Leafs jersey.  He's great at knitting and crafts

Herhe! Herhe ?
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2003, 12:57:07 pm »

Well, well well....Roy get's burrrrrned twice to the left....GO WILD!!!!! WoOTAgE

That overtime game last night had me on the edge of my seay, omg! The Avs tie it up with 2 golas in 3 minutes...my heart just sank....but low and behold here comes Park again on Roy's left side and zipps it in the 5 hole for the winner! This was a HUGE win for the Wild and for Minnesota, especially the fans. I had 2 friends go to that game and scalpers were gettin $160-$400 for seats.

Game Seven tonight: It's On!
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2003, 02:51:36 pm »

Hey Golo I didnt think you would remember my seemster skills , I have one ready for you to pick up pal!! Cheesy

The King of Pistoleros
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2003, 04:43:56 pm »

Game Seven tonight: It's On!

I'm pretty sure it is tomorrow night...they don't play back to back nights, especially not when they have to travel.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2003, 08:59:41 pm »

Tampa Bay surprised the shit out of me. I hope they win their first stanley cup since I have no real favorite team in the playoffs right now.  I would like Tampa Bay, St. Louis, or Dallas to go to the cup.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2003, 09:07:25 pm »

Vancouver would be my second choice...because at least then my girlfriend will be happy, and better one of us than none of us.  If Colorado were to lose, Minnesota would be one of my favorites though being from MN.  On the East I don't really care...I've liked New Jersey a bit (because I hate NY teams and the Devils had that great series against the Rangers back when the Rangers won the cup).  Wouldn't mind Toronto or Ottawa either, Canada teams should win more often.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2003, 11:06:48 pm »

Bondo is hockey whipped.  Wink (JK sir)

~ Einstein
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2003, 12:24:05 am »

If my girlfriend was particular enough to make me give up my favorite teams and cheer for hers, I'd say ok, are we going to have sex now?

Hehe, good thing we cheer for the same figure skaters already because if either of us were a Michelle Kwan fan it just wouldn't work.  Skating is the only thing she is particular about.

Sancho!

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2003, 02:07:00 am »

sorry to say, but it is tonight...and yes they do back to back for games 6 amd 7....GO WILD!!!
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2003, 03:41:36 am »

If Colorado were to lose, Minnesota would be one of my favorites though being from MN.

Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. With one very rare exception, it is totally unacceptable to start rooting for the team that eliminated your team from the playoffs. That exception is if the team you lost to goes on to play a bitterly hated rival. For example, if the Giants lost to the Braves in the NLDS and the Braves played the Dodgers in the NLCS, it would be ok to root for the Braves. Detroit might qualify as hated enough to root against if Minnesota were to play them, but they have been eliminated so you MUST root for Minnesota to lose in the next round if they beat the Avs tonight. This kind of fan behavior is what is wrong with the world today. There is too much love going around, especially during the playoffs. If your team doesn't come home with the Cup, you must be bitter and angry about it (or get your mind off it by focusing on your ballclub's 15-3 start).

PS - Wild over the Avs by two goals tonight. Roy chokes on the cock.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2003, 04:42:13 am »

You know what is bullshit Ace, you're attempt to vindicate your cheering for some arbitrary team because they play a team you dislike while trying to say I'm wrong to cheer for a team from the fucking city I was born in, just because they beat the team from the state I live in.

For the record, the Wild would possibly play the Nucks, and I've already said the Canucks become my favorite team remaining in the West.  But that if the Wild were playing the Stars, Blues, or Ducks instead (Stars being another rival of the Avs if that means anything) I'd most certainly cheer for the Wild and have a damn fine reason for doing so.  Still, it isn't a given that the Avs are out.  They may win and the Nucks could lose in which case the Avs would be my only team from the west.

Oh, and Ace, stop being a fucking bigot.  If the mysogynistic cracks weren't enough, you also now do a bit of homophobic bigotry.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2003, 04:52:09 am by The Ghost of Bondo » Logged
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2003, 05:14:40 am »

How the hell was my post homophobic? The only remotely homophobic crack I made was about Roy, and I was mostly thinking about his game 7 against the Wings last year. And yes, he most definitely choked on the cock then, just as he will again in Game 7 this year.

As for the whole "fan" thing, I don't think you get it. You can have ONE team and ONE team alone. That is the first rule of being a sports fan. If you were from there, who gives a shit? I was born in SoCal but I don't root for the Dodgers. You have stated before that you are an Avs fan, so anyone else you root for is bandwagoning.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2003, 06:41:28 am »

How the hell was my post homophobic? The only remotely homophobic crack I made was about Roy, and I was mostly thinking about his game 7 against the Wings last year. And yes, he most definitely choked on the cock then, just as he will again in Game 7 this year.

Are you stupid, saying someone choked on the cock in saying they did poorly is blatantly homophobic.  I won't deny he fell apart in that game, and to say that is fine, but to use that wording is bigotry at its finest.

As for the whole "fan" thing, I don't think you get it. You can have ONE team and ONE team alone. That is the first rule of being a sports fan. If you were from there, who gives a shit? I was born in SoCal but I don't root for the Dodgers. You have stated before that you are an Avs fan, so anyone else you root for is bandwagoning.

Oh, so sorry master sportsman that I don't have the dumbasses rule to sports handy.  I don't care about YOUR rules about being a sports fan.  My rules say you can be a fan of teams from where you were born, from where you live, even who your girlfriend is fans of.  Now you can't have co-favorites, there has to be an order so you don't say well, either would be ok to win, but you can prefer another to the rest.  And I will continue to cheer for both Sasha Cohen, the most talented figure skater, and Ann Patrice McDonough, who went to high school and now college with me, to win events and while I cheer more for Sasha, that doesn't mean I have to be disappointed completely if AP wins.
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2003, 08:29:54 am »

Are you stupid, saying someone choked on the cock in saying they did poorly is blatantly homophobic.  I won't deny he fell apart in that game, and to say that is fine, but to use that wording is bigotry at its finest.

Bondo, while I would be more than happy to say "kiss my ass" if I were being homophobic and pissing you off, in this case it's actually NOT homophobic if you break it down. The Wings could have been said to have bent the Avs over and had their way. Graphic, yes. Homophobic, no. To further elaborate, you could say that Roy was made their bitch. Thus, his performance was so shitty that he choked on it. In reality, you are mistaking crude humor for homophobia.

(Wow, that's way more than I ever wanted to analyze making deragatory remarks about the Avs.)

Oh, so sorry master sportsman that I don't have the dumbasses rule to sports handy.  I don't care about YOUR rules about being a sports fan.  My rules say you can be a fan of teams from where you were born, from where you live, even who your girlfriend is fans of.  Now you can't have co-favorites, there has to be an order so you don't say well, either would be ok to win, but you can prefer another to the rest.  And I will continue to cheer for both Sasha Cohen, the most talented figure skater, and Ann Patrice McDonough, who went to high school and now college with me, to win events and while I cheer more for Sasha, that doesn't mean I have to be disappointed completely if AP wins.

First, figure skating isn't a sport, so you can root for whoever the hell you want. Second, they aren't my rules, they are The Rules?. I'm sorry if you don't like them, but ask any real sports fan. You can't hedge your bets. It's like wearing someone else's underwear: people may not notice and you may get away with it, but you should feel real dirty about it.

PS - Damn, my prediction was off by a goal.

Sancho!

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2003, 01:31:47 pm »

2 words: Manny Fernandez....

Talk about a clutch performance in the net, Manny Fernandez for the Wild was solid as a rock. I still can't believe he stopped some of those shots. Nice to see our goalie getting his warm-ups in against Colorado. We are now only the eighth team in NHL history to come back from a 3-1 defecit in the playoffs and win. And Roy did choke on that overtime goal...granted it was nice stick handling but Roy never shoulda commited to the right like that and dropped way to early, but hey, Im not a goalie so what do I know...

Well Bondo, looks like it's Wild vs Canucks....you still goin with Vancouver?Huh I can't wait to get my hands on some tickets, those playoff games look absolutely fun as hell. Time to Go Wild once more...
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2003, 04:13:46 pm »

I agree, Manny Fernandez was amazing...That glove save on Rob Blake was  Shocked  Save of the series.

As for Roy choking on the final goal...I don't think so, he saved about four chances and the D couldn't clear.  Hard to keep making saves.  I suppose he should have not allowed rebounds, but the defense was shite on that play.

Eight teams come back from 3-1?  Well, one other is Edmonton, the last time the Avs lost in the first round.  Two of them are Vancouver now.

Anyway, yes, I'll be cheering for the Canucks.

Oh, and Ace...just because you don't like it doesn't make figure skating not a sport.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2003, 06:46:44 pm by The Ghost of Bondo » Logged
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2003, 05:41:30 pm »

Seriously, all your hockey teams (that don't have Swedish players) suck. Djurg?rden IF owns all of you.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads