*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 08:14:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  NHL Playoffs
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NHL Playoffs  (Read 2444 times)
The Ghost of Bondo
« on: April 11, 2003, 05:42:44 am »

I think we need a nice light topic.

The best part of the sports year has just started...and by that I mean the NHL playoffs.

Don't know what is up with the home teams...1-7 so far.

In the one game I watched in depth...the Avs had a bad 5 minutes...unfortunately it was really bad so they lost 4-2.  Thankfully the Red Wings lost which makes me feel a little better.  I don't think there is a need for any of the top seeds (except the Lightning who really don't belong in the playoffs...then again Carolina didn't belong in the playoffs last year and made it to the finals) to worry.  Getting one game down isn't the end of the world.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 05:28:27 pm »

hockey sucks. my friend and i tried to petition ESPN to stop covering it last year, but unfortunately to no avail.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 05:51:41 pm »

Hockey rules but im disapointed in Colorado they lost to cali Sad

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 12:22:44 am »

OMG tasty!! How could you!! Hockey is great, but i guess thats b/c I'm canadian eh!!  Grin  So far, all the underdogs have taken the fisrt games, should be interesting 1st round.

The King of Pistoleros
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2003, 01:00:38 am »

OMG tasty!! How could you!! Hockey is great, but i guess thats b/c I'm canadian eh!!  Grin  So far, all the underdogs have taken the fisrt games, should be interesting 1st round.

*cough* New Jersey won *cough*
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2003, 12:04:31 am »

Colorado wins and Detroit loses, it is a wonderful day indeed.
viper
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2003, 01:38:19 am »

Go wings go
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2003, 04:12:51 am »

Well Viper, I am in a hockey pool and I picked the wings but unfortunately they are surprisingly losing the first 2 games  Sad
And to answer yer post Viper, here it is:

GO (You know what team I Like) GO!

ps. don't want to jinx them

The King of Pistoleros
iGnome.toolazy to login
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2003, 05:16:32 am »

look ok ive been playing for 8 (hockey that is) and since i am canadian i guess i get pissed of when American faggots like tasty make comments liek that so far i know the Vancouver Canucks arnt gonna make it mb colarado i dunno i havent watch any games ina bit
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2003, 04:33:17 am »

The Avs looked very good in winning tonight 3-0.

Roy is on and is the best goalie in the game when he is on.  Their defense is much deeper than last year so there are no worries about them wearing out (they now have 6 solid defensemen) They have two loaded lines, the Forseberg and the Sakic ones.  The third line is the youth line of Rienprect, Wilsie, and the rookie (name is escaping me) which is about the same as last years in strength.  Overall I think the trade of offense for defense in losing Drury and gaining Morris is better for the team as a whole even though Drury was an incredible talent.  Now that I actually watch the games, the Avs still have a good amount of young talent so my concerns of a while back aren't as important as I thought.
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2003, 12:52:42 pm »

This sucks, I've always loved Patrick Roy, but now seing as my home team the Wild are playing against him, this guy stops almost everything...easily my favorite goalie ever...along with Richter and that guy with a fun name ( Sounds like habee-boolin ), cant remember his name. Anyway, looks like the Wild will lose but it's been great to see playoff hockey in Minnesota again, it's been 10 years. At least Im not watching my team get swept by the Mighty Ducks...lol.

But on a side note to Avs fans...The Wild are more of  a defensive team and they have been giving Roy quite a good workout, just wait til they play a more aggressive offensive team like the stars ( another team from Minnesota ), then you better hope Roy has his game in top notch form or he'll get blown away with no help from his defensmen...
golo in the penalty box
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2003, 06:11:56 pm »

Hahaha, Cujo u fucking traitor whore, I'm so happy u lost u jackass....Go Leafs Go
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2003, 08:17:24 pm »

Well, that is IF the Stars make it through to the next round, Edmonton is giving them a run for their money.  If the Avs are the only top seed to make it through, you really have to like their chances with the Blues, Ducks, and Oilers, even if those teams beat higher ranked teams.  And once again I really don't see the East as being that strong.  I was watching Ottawa their #1 seed and they are a bit sloppy.  It may not be as one sided as last year but I still see the West team having the edge.

BTW, I liked the Stars until Colorado got a team and the Stars were a rival.  In a battle of former home team to new home team, you have to make choices and I dedicated myself immediately to the Avs.  I'd still pick the Vikings, Twins, and Timberwolves over the Broncos, Rockies, and Nuggets.

Hehe, Detroit losing is fun, Detroit getting swept in the first round is even more fun.  And honestly, other than those Detroit fans who shall remain nameless, who doesn't hate Detroit.  I'm still holding my claim that the Avs are the best team of the decade, 9 straight division championships, 2 Stanely Cups and 6 years in the Conference final (missed it only the first year still as Quebec, missed it the year they lost in the first to Edmonton, and then this year since it isn't that far yet).  The Wings have 3 cups, but have missed the playoffs, not won their division, and bowed out earlier more often.  I think consistency is more important when judging long term than just championships (well, the Avs better consistency is more important than that one extra cup).
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2003, 08:32:21 pm »

*Sighs* Well I was rooting for Detroit, them being my second favorite team but my team isn't in the playoffs cause we almost went bankrupt and we decided to trade our two best players Hassek and Peca. Peca right after being traded just went on a scoring streak and Hassek is still the wall. But.... BUFFALO OWNS.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2003, 11:38:35 pm »

Hassek retired after winning the Stanely Cup last year.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2003, 11:41:09 pm »

Ya, thats why Cujo is Detroits goalie now. Your point?

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2003, 11:42:45 pm »

Hassek is still the wall.

"is still"

moo

« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 11:44:07 pm by ?FiRE Infection » Logged

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2003, 11:46:26 pm »

Feckin typo. FUCK YOU KEYBOARD.

~ Einstein
Snipes

God Bless The Freaks

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2003, 01:54:55 am »

I dont give a feck about NHL, I DONT give a fecking feck about HOCKEY.. Grin

Snipes
Email: johnzy@excite.com
AIM: FreakDork685
GameRanger ID: 28710

www.turning.to/sgt
Snipes Gun Targets
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2003, 02:48:06 am »

Then Shut up and avs lead the series 3-1 YAY

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads