*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:35:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  SAT scores
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SAT scores  (Read 3030 times)
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2003, 06:32:35 am »

Let's just say an English major wouldn't have been able to elude detection for so long and strike fear into so many people (his brother eventually turned him in).

If he had better verbal and social skills he could have convinced the jury that he was framed and gotten off, OJ style. Or mb even pleaded insanity. If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit!!!

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2003, 06:41:17 am »

People who actually do real work and make the world go round (read: engineers) use math all the time.

The unibomber was a math professor. What does THAT tell you.

I agree with you, math majors are all twisted to some degree. While engineers know the sciences and maths just like scientists and mathematicians, we put that shit to use instead of just sitting around thinking about stuff.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2003, 07:55:10 am »

meh
you want to see twisted?
look at a physics major.  i dont see how you could possibly like memorzing all those equations
 and btw, i took the act
31 composite
and thet was before i took math classes that covered a bunch of materal that was on the test
got a 36 in science though, so i did ok there

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
EUR_Zaitsev

Charlottesville High 2007 Class

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2003, 01:11:04 pm »

NOT  SATs for me obviously in the 8th grade but we have SOLs which is Virginia's standardized test. How do you guys feel about standerdized tests BEFORE the SATs?Huh Also theres rumor of something changing on the Pledge of Alligence??? anybody???

TALO
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2003, 04:35:42 pm »

Well, the Federal District Court in San Fran upheld their ruling that it was unconstitutional.  I think a school district in California is taking the matter to the Supreme Court.  It will be a good test to see if the court is biased towards Republican or not.  If they overturn the decision and allow the pledge to return to schools in its present form it will be obvious they are biased to Republican issues and able to ignore violations of the Constitution.

My Comparative Religions professor who has a PhD in Biblical Studies makes a convincing argument that it is unconstitutional.  The part "under God" was added in the 50s to fight the athiest communists that were being persecuted due to McCarthiesm.  It is a violation of the exclusionary clause of the first amendment and thus should be removed from the pledge if the pledge is going to be a school organized activity.

WTF are you rambling about bondo. i think you're in the wrong thread. this is about sat scores, not the pledge of alegance

Brain, I don't know if you bothered looking but this post happened before the Pledge thread and was the reason for said thread.  Also, my post here was in reply to the last sentance of Zait's post directly above.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2003, 04:17:06 pm by The Ghost of Bondo » Logged
Jackal.aHa!

"Hump...anyone??" FrEaK Chancellor of Hump

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2003, 02:56:56 pm »

LOL!!

SAT i got a fucking 720..total, thats right, some of us dont test good.  I waas freaking out, its a shame in todays day and age, that a bubble sheet decides our future.  Except for some.

But on my ACT, my score equaled an 1010 on the SAT so im set...well maybe not.

FrEaK FOR LIFE!

NO HUMP = NO OWN!
jn.preciousroy
Special Forces

The liver is evil... it must be punished!

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2003, 10:59:12 pm »

I have so many problems with this conversation.  Gah!   Why are we discussing this?  I didn't divulge my IQ, nor will I give out my SATs.

On an unrelated note:
I for one got a 1510 (780 Math, 730 Verbal) and Ace got a 1490...so the Reupblicans got higher scores  Grin

I'm tempted to disagree... you said yourself not all the scores were in. Grin

ELECTRONICJOISTEHDEVIL!!!11
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2003, 01:27:31 am »

Here's why:

1. Because people like to stroke their egos.
2. Because people like to know how they compare to other people in every possible way.
3. Because people like to judge other people.
4. Because all your base are belong to us.

plus not like there's much difference between divulging your scores and claiming that you did better than everyone else that divulged theirs Grin

p.s. that isnt a personal attack i agree it's pathetic but i did it anyway.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2003, 01:32:47 am »

Have you noticed that, with the minor exception of child molestation, Mort and I agree on everything?  Isn't that scary?

Oh and btw, I never told any of you my scores.  But rest assured knowing I did better than all of you  Wink

< insert clever and original signature here >
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2003, 01:50:08 am »

I don't doubt you Loud...I keep forgetting you are younger than me.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2003, 07:24:51 am »

loudnotes and mortimer recognize that i am really drunk now while saying this but you can both suck a fatty-bo-batty cock!!! BiATCH!!!

All the janitors are sexy.

Grin
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 03:40:11 pm by tasty » Logged

jn.preciousroy
Special Forces

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2003, 01:15:09 pm »

Aww, that's so cute Tasty.  

Anyway, I didn't say I had higher scores, divulged or not.  I just said I was tempted to disagree cause not all the scores were in.  Remember, I'm best friends with blackhand, I'm pretty tizight with Loud and Wrath.  We are all liberal.  I simply suggest that one of the four of us may have "beat them", meaning that the republicans didn't sweep.  You assume that just because I'm an arrogent prick and because I wouldnt give out my scores that, since I said the republicans arnt necessarily the most kick ass in their SATs that I have a higher score.  I feel thats rather presumptious, don't you?

But I appreciate drunkeness Tasty, I had a little to drink myself tonight, though not enough to get drunk.  However, between the caffeine pills and the mystery pill, I'm feeling a little woozy and jittery...

cookie

still tippin'

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2003, 02:21:57 pm »

the SAT is archaic and flawed. It only tests your aptitude in two areas, without encouraging individual thought (which i believe is the indicator of intelligence.) it discourages intellectual development... it's all memorization.

anyhow, since i think this is a big "who's smarter" pissing contest, i will withhold my SAT score  Grin

The things that will destroy us are politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.  ---
Gandhi

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, hoes all on me.
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2004, 08:19:56 am »

I forgot to say something here.. uhhh... the SAT really sucked ass. it was harder than I expected. I thought I was gonna get like a 1500 on it.. I only got 1350.

but I did get a 99 out of 99 on the ASVAB, which is... 10 sections. maybe thats not worth much cuz I suck ass. roy's precious ass.

goddammit this blows
jn.preciousroy
Special Forces

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2004, 08:32:26 am »

I have so many problems with this conversation.  Gah!   Why are we discussing this?  

I still support this.  But considerin that i was just talking with wrath for the first time in many ages onliine, and because im a drunk, and since i dont give a fuck anymore, and cause 99% of you have no idea who I am, here goes: 1560. (800 math, 760 verbal)

What does that means 2 years later?  It means I'm doing OK at an OK college.  So whateva.  Fuck it all.  Do what you want.

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2004, 02:56:19 pm »

I got a 1250 (710 verbal, 540 math, something which makes me sound a little bit smarter) without any prep or studying because i didnt care enough to spend the time. I still got into a relativly good university(B.U) But in my opinion SATs are bullshit. Odd this topic should come up, cause last night I watched the perfect score with my friends. Woot, darius miles cant act worth shit.

and btw, where the fuck have you been jackal? you coming back around for some humpage?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 03:55:14 pm by Spike.aHa » Logged

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2004, 03:07:54 pm »

but I did get a 99 out of 99 on the ASVAB, which is... 10 sections.

Very good!  I only got a 98.  Did you join the military?

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2004, 05:24:12 pm »

Hooray for unbalanced scores!

760 Math620 Verbal

Taking it again to try to raise el-verbal-o.

Too much Spanglish, perhaps?

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
bronto
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2004, 07:42:41 pm »

isn't this old as hell?
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2004, 08:05:44 pm »

I got a 1200 on the SAT last year. I'm going to take it again next year and see how i do. cookie = bomed SAT. Tongue

I need about a 1300 or more to get in the collage i want.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads