*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:27:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  SAT scores
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SAT scores  (Read 3028 times)
bronto
« on: March 01, 2003, 08:42:10 pm »

Cookie said something about the SATs before and i was just curious of what the average forum spammer gets on his SATs. I got an 1150 the first time i took it.
*NADS biohzrd
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 09:07:10 pm »

SAT scores....HAH! I say

the first and last time I took my SAT's I got a 910. I am a surgeon now.

Scholastic Aptitude Test....LMAO

your pal,

bio
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 09:43:00 pm »

I got a 1450, 780 verbal and 670 math.

I would also like to add that if you studied/took prep test/got tutored for standardized tests, in my mind you cheated and your accomplishments amount to nothing. The effectiveness of these tests has been negated by fucking overachievers who slave over their Princeton Review texts. One of the dumbest kids I know got a 1570 after hiring two private tutors and studying an hour a night for the test for 2 years.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2003, 09:45:42 pm by tasty » Logged

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
bronto
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 10:07:03 pm »

jeebus bio. nj.

i havnt studied for anything in two years tasty, so im all good.
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 10:42:42 pm »

What does studying mean?

Anyway, I never took the SAT but I took the PSAT twice...I forgot what I got the first time...more than 1200 certainly but less than what I got the second time which was 1350...700 math 650 verbal.  My brother got 1450 on the real thing with 750 math 700 verbal IIRC.

I took the ACT and got a 29 with 35 science, 31 math, and 27 verbal.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 03:17:01 am »

thats about average bronto,
Going to community college (then transferring) i didn't need to take the SATs but i did. The night before while most people were asleep i was out on the town. I took the SATs with a mild hangover and i got a 1100, i supose i'm gonna try to improve my score in the next few years.

One of my friends from hs got a 800 on the SATs and he is moving furniture now Wink

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 05:50:32 am »

Oh god.  I thought this was the last refuge from all that bullshit.

I don't understand why people give so much credit to standardized tests.  Granted, I tend to do fairly well on them, so I really shouldn't complain.  But seriously, what's the point?  It measures such a narrow spectrum of knowledge, intelligence, and reasoning ability, that I don't think it stands for much.  People who know my SAT scores treat me differently than they do other people, and that's not just wrong. . .it's stupid.  Although, according to the test, they're all stupider than me, right?

I would no more disrespect a person for getting an 800 as I would glorify someone for scoring a 1600.  It's shallow, pointless, and I think SATs should be virtually eliminated.

The only true need for a standardized test is in a specific determination of ability - example:  Civil service exams.

But scholastic aptitude?  Hardly. . .the SAT measures vocabulary, algebra, and geometry skills.  What kind of conclusions can you possibly make on that information?

SAT tests should really be just a curiosity like the IQ test.  Something for vain people to brag about at cocktail parties or on message boards; nothing with any real weight in the world.

< insert clever and original signature here >
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2003, 06:56:36 am »

I recognize the many faults with these tests, which are multiple. However, colleges want to have a way to measure not only the achievement of students but what they are intellectually capable of achieving. I think that the SATs should be thrown out or improved as well, but I still think that this way of measuring applicants should stand. If I were judged solely on my high school grades, I'd probably have trouble getting into community college. Yet I was accepted to a good public school and (at least) waitlisted at several other highly selective private schools. This year I got my grades up and hope to transfer? yet if it wasn't for my standardized test scores I wouldn't even have been able to get my foot in the door since I wasn't in the top half of my class.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
|MP|Cringe

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2003, 07:00:20 am »

Right now im a freshman in highschool, i took the SAT last year (in 8th grade) for some reason and got about a 1260, for whatever thats worth

Evill: Rapid, stfu.
The Ghost of Bondo
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 08:48:37 am »

Yeah, I don't care much about standardized tests...that is why I took the ACT rather than the SAT.  One or the other is required to get into college (SAT is required on the east coast more so than the west).  I found the ACT less painful to take so I took it.  The PSATs that I took were mandatory through the school.  I personally find the verbal section just stupid.  While I don't necesarily have a good or bad vocabulary, I don't see the need to know what all the random words they put on there are.  The reading sections were my least favorite because they took actual concerted effort.  The math sections were fun, I love doing easy math.  I don't even take my GPA or class rank very seriously as a judge of intellect.  They are indications of work ethic, not intelect.  I was and to some degree am a lazy student, I'd rather just ponder things than actually work on things.  I don't know that you can really judge someone as intellegent other than just knowing them.  I have a friend who has worse test scores and worse GPA than me but he is one of the most intelligent people I know...and he's a conservative Shocked
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 02:57:32 pm »

I don't know about this SAT test you guys have but I think our ?H?gskoleprov? is about the same thing, I'm going to take that next year, I'm usually pretty good at them. We have three parts, math, Swedish and English which are like my fav subjects hehe (well I hate Swedish).

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
EUR_Zaitsev

Charlottesville High 2007 Class

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2003, 06:18:30 pm »

LOL Bondo and Tasty, the two prominent liberals got the highest SAT and PSAT scores. What a coinkadinky. Nahhh Im just kidding. I havent taken them yet, I will in like 2 years, My sister got I think 1400 on PSATs because my parents make us do good because they want us to go to prestigeus scools like them.

TALO
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2003, 09:02:50 pm »

I got a 1490, 780 math and 710 verbal.

While I would say that they aren't the best indicator of intelligence, they do provide a good rough approximation. The SAT II's in particular are good for measuring someone's knowledge of a particular subject.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2003, 09:10:33 pm »

LOL Bondo and Tasty, the two prominent liberals got the highest SAT and PSAT scores. What a coinkadinky. Nahhh Im just kidding. I havent taken them yet, I will in like 2 years, My sister got I think 1400 on PSATs because my parents make us do good because they want us to go to prestigeus scools like them.

Woah there cowboy...not everyone has reported their scores yet - and Bondo never took the real SAT.

I for one got a 1510 (780 Math, 730 Verbal) and Ace got a 1490...so the Reupblicans got higher scores  Grin

Also, the SAT II's are more specific and are a better indicator of your knowledge - that is why more colleges are weighting them more than the SAT I.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2003, 12:12:21 am »

The SATs are biased... because they include math!!! People of true intelligence ignore math at all costs  Grin.

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2003, 02:29:49 am »

The SATs are biased... because they include math!!! People of true intelligence ignore math at all costs  Grin.

People who actually do real work and make the world go round (read: engineers) use math all the time.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
EUR_Zaitsev

Charlottesville High 2007 Class

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2003, 02:36:37 am »

Sin, o
    Of the posters Republicans maybe higher but my parents are exteme liberals and did very well on thier sats

TALO
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2003, 05:08:01 am »

People who actually do real work and make the world go round (read: engineers) use math all the time.

The unibomber was a math professor. What does THAT tell you.

Mr.T

step back son!

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2003, 05:45:46 am »

id like to be the first to congradulate ( or however you spell it, obvoiusly i won't do so great) cringe on that score. Made up story or not ithink thats good. I too am a freshman in HS so rock on!!! Embarrassed  

P.S.- does masturbation help your SAT score ??

i love asian drivers, they remind me of barney....
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2003, 06:00:21 am »

The unibomber was a math professor. What does THAT tell you.

It means that he was a demented genius. Kaczynski (sp?) was the supreme terrorist of the 1990's, striking fear into several people. People were afraid to open packages, and always checked behind their tires for explosive devices because of him.

Let's just say an English major wouldn't have been able to elude detection for so long and strike fear into so many people (his brother eventually turned him in).

This post does not condone his actions, it is just saying that the guy was a genius, albeit twisted and sick.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads