*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:23:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  EPISODE II ROCKS!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EPISODE II ROCKS!!  (Read 4133 times)
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« on: May 17, 2002, 04:38:13 am »

I saw Episode II tonight, and I must say it may be my favorite Star Wars film ever. I was glued to my seat from start to finish. Not to mention the fact that Natalie Portman is a freaking goddess and I would give an arm, a leg, and my left testicle to get her in the sack. So everyone, if you haven't seen it yet, GO!! What are you still doing here reading this?! GO GET TICKETS!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Asterax

Got root?

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 06:58:18 am »

I saw a line of people sleeping outside my local cinema yesterday waiting for the start of Episode II to begin. I imagine I will go see it once all the Darth Maul impersonators stop fighting with fake two sided light sabers outside the entrance.  

I who have nothing.
jn.blackhand
Special Forces

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2002, 11:09:21 am »

Just as I was ready to LEAVE because of sheer boredom, they bring out the best scene in cinematic history. The movie itself sucks, Lucas is a shitty director, but that one scene made the 5.50 i spent worth it.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2002, 11:17:30 am »

what, did they film portman getting laid? i would drop 20 bucks to go see that Wink

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
jn.blackhand
Special Forces

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2002, 11:46:07 am »

no, it's pg. but it kicks so much ass it makes me feel warm and gooey inside.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2002, 11:50:40 am »

yea, from what i hear, the first 3 were the better directed ones by far
i liket the humor that was present in the first 3 as well(keep your mouth shut kid or you'll find yourself floating home), it was gone from the phantom menace. was there any in ep.2?

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
jn.blackhand
Special Forces

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2002, 11:54:48 am »

some, but not much. Lucas simply isn't a good director. He has all the talent in the world acting in the movie and can't make it happen. Back when he was younger, he had to take more input from producers, which is why American Grafitti, A new Hope, and The Empire Strikes Back were so good.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2002, 11:58:34 am »

return of the jedi wasnt that bad either, but it did seem to tail off...
well, lucas can keep writing the scripts/storyboards, we just need a new director then, any voulenteers?

Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2002, 12:21:37 pm »

I decided it was time for a team building activity at work, so I took my current project team to go see it at 11am yesterday. ?We didn't even have to bother pre-ordering the tickets, the theater wasn't half full (too bad I didn't know that.. would have saved me $20). ?To me, this film ranks right up there with the best of them. ?Great story, great action. ?Yoda is a God! ?Too cool this film is.

And Ace has great taste in women as well.. as she gets better looking everytime I see her. ?

As for Lucas and his directing skills... I have a different theory. ?I think it's the family man he became... ?I don't think it's the directing as much as the audience he's shooting for now... ?Ep 4 and 5 were written for adults, with more adult humor (not sexual, but what adults would find funny), where starting with Return of the Jedi, he started writting them like Disney flicks.. geard towards the family more then the adult. ?Ewoks, Jar-Jar... even the jokes that C3PO was pulling in Ep 2 were all geared more at children then at the guys that thought the light sabre duel in cloud city was the shit.

I was really expecting this to have a darker ending. ?But the most disturbing things I've seen in Ep 1 and 2 are how close they mimic the storys of Ep 4 and 5. ?
    Ep 4, the kid (luke) destroys the Death Star and saves the day.. the old mentor dies.. ends in a big fanfare ceremony.... ?Ep 1 Kid saves the day (destroying the ship and stopping the droid army), old mentor dies, ends in a big fanfare ceremony.
    Ep 5, Big light sabre duel, struggles with the dark side, find out the mentor wasn't perfect (lied about Vader).. ends in a scene with the new hand.... Ep 2, BIIIGGG light sabre duel (ok battle), finds out mentor isn't perfect (both of them), ends in a scene showing the new arm...

If someone flys into the ship and destroy''s a big freaking ship in Ep 3, I will have to kill someone.

Still... it was an awesome freaking movie!

[/color]

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2002, 12:40:52 pm »

hehe.. i went down to y cousins house, spent the night, and caught the 9:30 AM show. This was good, because it had the best crowd at a movie i've seen for a while, all the really die-hard fans. Every time someone cool happened, everyone in the theater was like "YEEAAAA!!!", cheering, whistling, etc. esp. during the big lightsaber battle.

What's REALLY missing from the new ones is one specific charchter: Han Solo. Man, he really made IV, V and VI that much more interesting. But there's no Solo, and there's no Solo like charachter either.

PS. Whoda thunk it? Stormtroopers that can shoot!

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2002, 01:00:45 pm »

you mean they actually hit something smaller that an deathstar, and other than a wall in this movie?

Bondo
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2002, 01:14:46 pm »

Cough, time for me to take more flak, I think Empire was the worst one of the four (haven't seen the new one).  My ranking goes

Return of Jedi
Star Wars
Phantom Menace
Empire Strikes Back
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2002, 01:53:50 pm »

You are right Bondo. ?You are going to take a lot of flack for that order.....

But it explains a lot about you... even why you think R6 is great and RS sucks...

If I were to give these an order..

Attack of the Clones
Empire Strikes Back
A New Begining
Return of the Jedi
Phantom (except for the music, because he out did himself here).

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2002, 02:45:07 pm »

A New Begining

Grifter, Grifter, Grifter!.. and you call yourself a Star Wars fan? it's "A New Hope", not "A New Beginning".. sheesh...

I'm guessing that if they do it right, episode 3 will be my favorite, as it will have all the really cool stuff happening in it.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2002, 03:14:04 pm »

First, blackhand, I used to respect your opinions. Now you say it was a horrible movie except for one scene (and I have a pretty good idea which you are referring to). This was from start to finish an awesome movie. You could not ask for more. Lucas is the man, no two ways about it. He went to a kickass school to boot.

I would say I rate the films in this order:

Attack of the Clones
A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Phantom Menace

Although I must say I could make an argument for switching around 4, 5, and 6 in any order.

Also, for the people who have seen it, was it my imagination or did that little white shirt Natalie Portman was wearing near the end get shorter and shorter with every time they cut away and cut back to her? Me and my friends swear it kept getting smaller.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Bondo
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2002, 03:18:57 pm »

Phantom (except for the music, because he out did himself here).

Yes, because it takes oh so much to take Carmina Burana and stick it in the movie Wink  Still Carmina Burana is perhaps the single coolest piece of music ever written so maybe he should be patted on the back.

If you want my actual reasoning for my ranking here goes
Return of the Jedi-  This was just a great combination of excitement and plot.  You've got all the Tatooine stuff with Jaba, you have the Ewok stuff (which I liked, but I was like 6 when it came out originally).  Then you have the crucial show down between Luke and Vader and the truth is revealed and the Empire is defeated.  Just epic.
Star Wars- Still has good action and it is the original so it gets points for that.
Phantom Menace- Maybe the fact that I don't hate Jar Jar lets me like this one better.  I think PM did a great job starting the prequel series in a believable fashion.  The events in it make sense in the scheme of things.  Also it starts to explain why the Jedi would become rebels and such.
Empire Strikes Back-Dull, Dull, Dull.  While the part with Yoda teaching Luke, Han and crew running to Landau and the events that spawn from that is good for the plot, it isn't exciting to watch and so as a single entity it isn't worth nearly as much as the others.
WeaSelFlinK
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2002, 03:45:15 pm »

The subject says it all. EP.II rocks!

Anyhow, I found (having seen EP.IV, V, and VI) that EP.V turned out to be an all-time favorite. The battle event fought on the "Hot" system with the giant four-legged robots and the snowspeeders shootin' their harpoons is astonishing.
You haven't got that much action in any other episode. You've got the the droids, the thrilling voyages with the Millenium Falcon through asteroid fields, C-3PO, Cloud City, Yoda teaching Luke the first steps of becoming a Jedi, and the first ever fought lightsaber fight between Luke and his father. You don't find all that in the other two episodes, do you? All I can say is I'm a very big fan. These are my opinions, so maybe not yours. You don't have to agree with them, of course.

Anyways, I'm sure that if people would watch EP.V again, they would still be amazed by the incredible special effects and storyline. EP.VI is good as well, but I find the time they spent on Endor (for those who have seen the movie) with them Ewoks took too much damn time. The lightsaber fights whereas Luke is yet again confronted with his father are seemingly better. EP.IV showed the first lighsaber fight ?(Obi-Wan + Darth Vader), which did indeed amaze the first audiences seeing it was something new in the movies's history.

There, I said it all.
Regards,
-Beefy.

Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2002, 03:58:34 pm »

Ok Bondo, here's why I disagree with you...

Return of the Jedi.. ewoks are not cool.. not with hang gliders etc... I mean, give me a break.  Freaking teddy bear sales is what that was looking at.  Also, the way that Boba Fett dies... I'm sorry, that just sucked.  No drama at all.  Finally... Luke all of a sudden being that much better and stronger to beat Vader... when it had only been a short while since losing his hand to him.  It just didn't jive.

Phantom Menace...  leaving jar-jar out of it... which is hard... but first, nobody needed the Christ imagry with Anakin, and also explaining away the force like they did really sucks.  It was much better when it was more of the mystical, not the scientific.  The kid flying into the ship to destroy it (haven't we seen enough of that already??).

Empire.. why I think this is a good film is that it shows the desperation that still faces the rebellion... it is dark, brooding, and thoughtful.  It's a bridge in the story, and I think it took a lot of guts for it not to really have a happy ending... everything didn't work out this time and characters were actually developed (unlike the other stories).  That was the biggest thing.. you learned much more about all the characters.

Clones...  yes Ace, it kept getting a little shorter... Also I noticed it was a bit chilly in the space ship when they were arguing and landed on the planet....  nice.  Anyway, other bright spots in this film... Yoda kicking some major ass... Obi Wan now reminds me of the same character from A New Hope... Ewin has done a great job melding his style with that of Sir Alec's.  Also, some of the humor Bondo is looking for was there ... Obi Wan saying to Anakin "some day you will really be the death of me".... I was laughing my ass off at that line.  But, one thing I didn't understand was Count Duku... I don't want to spoil it for people that havn't seen the film, so stop reading... but how can he be the aprentice now...?  There can only be 2 Sith... and Duku was a Jedi Master (he trained Qui Gon <sp?>).  So I was a bit confused on how that worked.  For those of you that haven't, read the book from Phantom Menace.. there is a whole chapter about the Sith there that wasn't in the movie.. explains some history of the Sith.

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2002, 05:09:24 pm »

Also I noticed it was a bit chilly in the space ship when they were arguing and landed on the planet.... ?nice.

!!!!!!

WeaSelFlinK
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2002, 05:31:09 pm »

Nice points you got there, Grift. I agree. There can only be two Sith lords. A master and an apprentice. Confusing as it is, we'll sort it out.

-Beefy.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads