*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:27:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  RvS System req's
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RvS System req's  (Read 1790 times)
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« on: November 23, 2002, 12:42:26 pm »

So I know this game will take forever to get ported to Mac, but when it does, what do you think the system req's will be. I need to buy a new Mac anyway so Im beginning to save, but I want one that will last and not some 4000 dollar dual bullshit.
(SEALs) one

I am and always will be Agent #1

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 03:15:52 pm »

Kilzo,
The system req. for PC are...

Min.
600mhz
128mbRAM
4xcd-rom drive
32mb video card

Rec.
800mhz
256mbRAM
64mb video card

Cheers,

one

Flame

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 06:54:05 pm »

Well probably like 700 or so Mhz, about 1GB of space, 128 mb RAM, and like a GeForce vid card or so for mac. Since most comps now can't even support GhR, I doubt that they could support RvS. So, yeah its a good thing to save up for a new comp.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2002, 07:16:52 pm »

I gotta try and get a Radion 9000 for this, because it requires 64MB, I only have 32MB, on everything else, I'm fine.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2002, 07:33:09 pm »

If you really want to buy a new video card Typhy wait until the Radeon 9700 is out for Mac with 128MB RAM. This card is twice as fast as the best GForce4 Ti. The Radeon 9000 is only a mid model - The Radeon 8500 has more power. Compare the situation with GForce 4MX is worse than the good old GForce3. The 4 MX is an updated version of the GForce2. And the Radeon 9000 comes from the Radeon 7500. this sucks Wink

Well I would suggest to wait for the almighty Radeon 9700 with 128MB RAM.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2002, 07:34:48 pm »

Thanks for the tip Mauti Smiley I am wondering though, will they produce that in the mobility model for laptops? I have a Powerbook G4 currently.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2002, 12:19:42 am »

the GeforceFX will dominate all, if anyone has seen what it looks like it takes up 2 whole slots, and it includes a air intake for cooling and such. The tests i saw for the gffx had it pulling 190fps in Quake 3 at 1600x1200 on high.
here are some quotes i pulled from some pc nerd site,
"the NV30 would have 48GB/s memory bandwidth,"
"The Radeon 9700 Pro has 19.4GB/s of memory bandwidth"

One of my friends has been playing RVS on the lan at his dorm and is raving about it. i can't wait for it to come to mac

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2002, 01:07:38 am »

Ahahaha Jeb, thats not zait, thats the pict zait put up to "fool" us... Hehehe, they do look a bit alike though. (Eveeryone saw another pict of hyim and laughed at it, so he put that pict up and said "someone else is posting all these picts! wtf!" If you want his real pict just message me! Smiley

I just realized all these games have the same initials..[sarcasm](Wow, I'm a quick one)[/sarcasm]

RainbowSix
Rogue Spear
Raven Shield

RS
RS
RS

Ben

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2002, 01:44:31 am »

Jeb you are right but the GForce FX isn't on the market yet(the stats and facts are all from NVIDIA - the card was recently announced at the COMDEX - of course the FX will go one step further than the 9700) contrary to the Radeon 9700 which is currently the fastest consumer graphic card.

Hmm Typhy you have a Powerbook well I am nost sure if you can change the graphic card of it at all? I think there won't come a 9700 version. The mobility 9000 is the fastest card there.

Greetz,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2002, 01:50:06 am »

true mauti,
however i wouldn't recomend that anyone looking to buy a computer that can run RVS well starts shopping so soon. Then again my computer is almost 2 years old and runs GHR well.
Does anyone know what graphics engine RVS uses?

Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2002, 02:21:11 am »

Does anyone know what graphics engine RVS uses?
Yeah, they're usin the Unreal Engine, I believe.  The screenshots look frickin amazing...hope they port it to Mac sometime soon   Shocked

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
(SEALs) one

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2002, 04:36:26 am »

Cobra RvS is using the Unreal2 engine.

Jeb, the new geforce card won't release until around Febuary for PC.

And one more thing, I think the mac develpors are saving money too, so they can buy RvS from Ubi and convert it.

Cheers,

one

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2002, 11:29:19 am »

The Unreal2 engine isn't ported to mac yet, so we might end up having to wait for UT2003 to come out before we see Ravensheild. And classicaly any UT engine equals shitty performance even at the system requirements so you better have one heck of a computer by the time RVS comes to mac

WeaSelFlinK
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2002, 01:00:54 pm »

Uhm, I'd hate to be rude, but what is RvS actually?
ShadowBox

No Hump = No Own

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2002, 02:36:27 pm »

The Unreal2 engine isn't ported to mac yet

The Mac port of the Unreal2 Engine is currently being done in house by Epic and was said to be done in time to have Unreal Tournament 2003 on store shelves around Christmas time. So, hopefully if everything goes well, we'll probably get RvS sometime in the summer.

No Hump = No Own

ShadowBox

No Hump = No Own

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2002, 02:45:24 pm »

Thanks for the tip Mauti Smiley I am wondering though, will they produce that in the mobility model for laptops? I have a Powerbook G4 currently.

Unfortunately Typhy, you cannot change the graphics card in the powerbook. They are soldered to the motherboard. And from what I've heard, the Radeon 9700PRO requires an external power supply. While it's a great card, and currently the best on the market, I don't forsee it ever going into a portable.

Currently the best graphics card for a portable on any platform is the Mobility Radeon 9000 64MB, which is only available in the 1GHz powerbook, and some other portables.

No Hump = No Own

Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2002, 04:03:06 pm »

Uhm, I'd hate to be rude, but what is RvS actually?

RvS is Raven Shield.

Retired Mac RS Player.
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2002, 05:01:27 pm »

well all this talk about video cards is confusing me, so basically Im gonna need a brand new computer? Or will I be able to buy, say a 800mhz older imac and have a better video card put in it? Or a g4 tower? I dunno, but I want to be ready for when this comes to mac.

On a side note, you should read some of the forums on  www.raven-shield.com  seems alot of ppl are not liking it so much.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2002, 06:48:38 pm »

Actually, you can put one in, you just have to void your warrenty, which for me is already over. Generaly there is a pretty big risk to really really fucking up your computer. I figure I'll give it to my brother, and get him to do it.

ShadowBox

No Hump = No Own

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2002, 07:31:23 pm »

Typhy: Yeah, it would void your warrenty, but if you are already out of warrenty, and don't mind possibly hosing your powerbook, then try to get ahold of a mobility Radeon 9000 64MB for it.

Kilzo: You'd be better off get a powermac tower and slapping the best graphics card you can into it. The Flat Panel iMac should be able to run it but you wouldn't be able to upgrade the graphics card in it without void the warrenty. And that is only if you could get ahold of a graphics card that would fit in it.

No Hump = No Own

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads