*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:22:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Iraq?? I hope you guys know what you are talking about...  (Read 1575 times)
:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« on: November 20, 2002, 11:45:54 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2002/EDUCATION/11/20/geography.quiz/index.html

no comment...

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 11:51:24 pm »

That is the majority of idiots, I can tell you that. However, I know what I am talking about and I would have most likely gotten all or most of the 56 questions correct if I was surveyed.

All the test shows is that public schooling geography classes suck and that people would rather play games 24/7 instead of maybe catching a newscast every once and awhile.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
davmann

I love you soup. :D

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2002, 01:38:08 am »

LOLOLOLOL!
sure, I'm not American, and European ppl are pretty good in Geography, but dude, this is pathetic.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/rogue-spear-open-source
Help us make Rogue Spear open source!

"En del har undrat varf?r jag st?ndigt tar av mig glas?gonen. Det ?r f?r att slippa se er..."
-G?ran Persson
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2002, 02:02:06 am »

see what happens when you go to public schools? sheesh.

you know what? i'll bet they offered people like 5 bucks or sumthing to take the test, so they got a whole bunch of bums off the street who don't know jack shit.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
bronto
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2002, 02:10:57 am »

I'm totally not surprised that America finished last in this subject. It is most likely due to the ignorance in society due to the way children are taught and the overall ethnocentrism of the American people. Most of America is just inept to the fact that other countries exsist with purpose.
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2002, 02:25:49 am »

I would have to agree with the general response of people in this thread so far. The current state of our compulsory education system is utilitarian at best. But then again I consider the whole concept of compulsory education to be "horse and buggy" thinking. I believe that the only way to go is to pay insane amounts of money to an institution that calls itself a "place of higher learning" but just puts some shmoe they call a professor (which is really just saying that he professes to know something) in front of the class who writes his name on the board an then says: "Read the book and learn it yourself. By the way there's a test tomorrow. That'll be $20,000 please."
« Last Edit: November 21, 2002, 02:34:00 am by alaric » Logged

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2002, 02:29:47 am »

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha,

That reminds me of a study that a local tv news show did.
They tested  kids from my school (leet private prep school), and they tested 10 kids from various public schools (where bigpat went).
the questions related to world events, and public officials (senators, reps, and vice pres).
The kids from my school scored around 30% higher than those of the public school kids.

Then again a girl from my school thought that Hitler was a 5 star admiral in WW2.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Flame

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2002, 02:47:49 am »

That is sad, if you don't know where New York is (not just saying that cus I'm from NY), THAT IS SAD. But, then again we wouldn't probably know where like Liechenstein or Oklahoma is. Hell, I bet even Bush might fail that test, seeing as he failed US history. (don't start a flame war, just stating a point)
Bondo
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2002, 02:57:08 am »

Right now I'm taking World Regional Geography (Geography being my major) and I have over 100% on the map quizes which tests rivers and other such things in addition to countries.  Back in 7th grade we had a test on 100 countries...and I got a 99.5...I spelled Taiwan wrong.

But yes, most people are like this with Geography.

I say this mainly to show off the smilie that I got Mauti to add because it rocks.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2002, 03:23:14 am »

God, what kind of a school do you go to Bondo? They have map quizzes?

The sadest part is the fucktards who didn't know where the Pacific Ocean was.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2002, 03:32:28 am »

bah..geography is just maps and facts....how hard is that? I mean everyday people are remembering all this trivial nonsense from television shows and they can't even pick up a book and study a map for 10 minutes. Generally, people (those who have no ambition) tend to be frustrated with things that excercise their minds. They're more interested when the next party will be or if they have enough condoms.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2002, 03:34:53 am by ?(uNt? P?.bs! » Logged

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2002, 04:16:57 am »

I'm totally not surprised that America finished last in this subject.

nah-ah! We finished second to last, right above Mexico. And considering half our students are probably theirs, that may explain why our scores were so bad.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
bronto
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2002, 04:21:39 am »

Mexico is 3rd world. They don't count.
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2002, 04:34:17 am »

Nice point capt. Here in California about half (if not more) the school population is from Mexico.

I guess most your schools suck, in my school we're learning extensively about the world and geography... AP Global Government is doing a UN simulation, where we are all assigned anywhere from 6 hard to 44 easy countries, and we gotta be the UN. This helps greatly in countries locations, such as Iraq, as that is a major point of interest in the UN!

Ben

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2002, 04:38:05 am »

I guarantee you that they didn't survey 4-year college students or AP students Ben. $50 says that they walked the streets, found people randomly (most likely inthe daytime during a business day), and offered them money to sit down and take a test for a hour (which they probably hurried through so they could get their money and get out ASAP).

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2002, 04:41:27 am »

Heh. Why don't they provide facts like this for us?

**Sets the scene** 1 pm at a teen hangout where drugs and beer is passed around freely...The poller walks in "Hey, free round of beers to anyone who takes this survey." The drunken people hurry through the survey to get their beer before they lose their buzz...

Sound good? (Jeb's mouth is drooling over there)

Ben

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2002, 05:19:35 am »

Well, as outspoken as AP students and college kids tend to be, they don't make up a very large portion of the population.

No matter how they did their surveying, they wouldn't be awfully likely to get smart people, because as a nation we are largely ignorant.

Sad, but true. . .and these are the same people who decide our elections (not the educated, opinionated elite)

< insert clever and original signature here >
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2002, 12:37:35 am »

Well Son of a bitch I'll be hornswagled! Get this, 1  out of 10 US kids cannot find their OWN country on a map test. No offence but you guys suck! Americans are typically ignorant about the world in general. The other day a college kid asked me where I was from. I told him I was from Russia, then he asked where Russia is? I said,"You dont know where Russia is?" then he pointed at a map, "Isnt it that small country right there?" Turns out he was pointing to Guinea Biassau. I could barely refrain myself from laughing.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads