*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:16:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What it takes to lead a clan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What it takes to lead a clan  (Read 4636 times)
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2002, 05:23:19 pm »

Well Cossak, sorry to laugh, but I have to! Cheesy ?

It takes patience and understanding and knowledge to lead a clan. ?I don't consider myself the best leader, but I do know that I make everything understandable. ?I too got into the problem of letting too many people into my clan, for the same reason of being happy of having others want to be a part of you. ?Quickly I found out that all they want, is to know how you were able to get to where you're at, and use it to do their own. ?I found out that even though I winged it and took a chance to let more members in (The ones that would ask to join) to see if we would get good results, it backfired by actually letting problems join our clan. ?I found out that letting randoms in simply because they bug you to join, was one of the biggest mistakes I had ever made. ?I found out that members that I personally asked to join, have been more loyal and down with the game, than those that I let in simply because they asked to join. ?|?K| has had a lot of players come and go, but somehow, we're still standing(A bit inactive cuz of work, but still standing strong). ?We will continue to stand strong and a good reason for that is me and monk being such good friends. ?Ultimo is right about foundation. ?You need a strong foundation for your clan to revolve around. ?Our newest members these days, join us simply because they know we have a smooth way of running things and have a foundation based around friendship and not skill. ?Sure our skills are good, but our friendship owns all! ?Many became jealous of our clan and attempted to start harsh gossip and rumors to turn off our members from our clan in these forums. ?It worked on the weak links (Thanks for helping our weak links leave us Wink ). ?The fact we can laugh about situations rather than loose our cool and get mad at each other instead, is one of the main reasons our clan stands strong and only inactive. ?When it comes down to it, me and monk know that we will stick together, and that's gonna keep our foundation strong forever. ?We have some other players such as Typhy, StealthSniper and 5150 that feel the same way, so you can count on us 5 to wreck shop everywhere we go together and stick together for many years to come. ?Sure I personally would like to go on a recruiting spree and get some new members, but that would just give us a weak surface on such a strong core. ?It made us look weak and as if we were falling apart in the past, but we were merely shedding our outer skin of weak links Cool ?Friendship is what a clan should revolve around and not skill. ?Grow from that my friend & good things will happen Wink
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2002, 07:10:37 pm »

jeesh rapido, a simple answer could have surviced instead of a long drawn out lengthy boring post that i found myself falling asleep trying to read. Shocked
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2002, 07:41:18 pm »

i think thet i you want a clan to last, you need to be there for them and set an example of how to act
try to be on gr on a regular basis, that way your clan knows that you are there for them. give them an email address so that they can talk to you in private, when ever thay have a question/ problem ect

and voodo
i think rapid is entitled to detail how his clan has reacted, after all, ak has gone through many things that have the potensial to rip a less robust clan apart

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Kilzo
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2002, 09:12:18 pm »

Well Myst, you have once again shown what an ass you are. Who are to tell what clan will fall aprt? You my friend arent even welcome in most clans bcuz you are an idiot. Im sure you a hawk will make a great pair, such a cute little couple. Anyways, DS will not follow the ways TASK did, I learned from leading my first clan, have you? Sucker! DS will be here for a long time, we may not have 20 members, but the ones who do join will be quality players. And even if it is just me and oNe, we will still survive because we understand the basic principles of the fact that it is just a game and we are here to play.

So take your little pathetic opinions and shove them straight up your candy ass! You are a has been who will not survive. M&H here to kick your ass!!! LMAO!! Fool, get a clue and eat shit. You will be on my ignore list forever after your proven idiocy, have fun you little punk ass bitch!!!

Kilzo
Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2002, 11:52:32 pm »

I didn't really bother to read any of the posts but as leader of one of the best R6 clans **SBR**,  i can tell you it is not that hard to be a leader.  Id have to say the most important part of being a leader is having the respect of your teammates and the respect of other clan leaders and their players.  If you don't have respect then gain it and if you can't gain it then it is almost impossible to do anything.  If you have no respect then no one will listen to you and if no one listens to you then you are not a leader at all.  For example Rapid, i am not bashing rapid.  But in the past (when i was in AK) i read his posts and most people laughed at him and ripped him apart on the forums because he had no respect.  Of course you can say friendship and not letting in to many players makes a good clan but that should almost be a given.  Letting a lot of players in is not bad and it can work if you know how to control your players and set down rules for them to follow by.  I am not talking about serious rules but ones that require members to show respect in games and not act like flamers and run their mouth and if they do then kick them out show them you mean business and it sets a tone for the rest of the clan.  Don't be afraid of kicking people out either cause bad members tend to grow like cancer and pull other people in.  
-Cow
Oso
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2002, 12:44:02 am »

sorry but i didnt bother to read the entire post of rapids due to he doesnt use paragraphs...hint hint rapid.

Posted by: |AK| Rapid      Posted on: June 16th, 2002, 1:23pm
Well Cossak, sorry to laugh, but I have to!  ?
It takes patience and understanding and knowledge to lead a clan.

something rapid doesnt have =/

and to stay on topic here,

i would say be the example clan member. by 1. not disbehaving to others.  2. respect 3. actually be on so the clan doesnt think they are falling apart. and 4. by being damn sexy
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2002, 01:23:06 am »

It also helps to not be a 12 year old whiny bastard who goes fuckin nuts when something unpleasant happens.

So Being 12 Atomaticly makes you a whiny Bitch???

well That would probly be me though

And another thing... you can take alot of members in At first then cut them..... Not sure If you clan Will Be liked  (Talk about what typhy did when Starting Ak) So You just have to Keep at it Like me Im Just Me A Clan Hopper and untill I find a clan Thats right for me alot of clans Will either Be come from Me or ill JusT Be A Clan Whore and hope Later.
Casper
WooT ---- I wont be on for 2 weeks i will Be playing Soccer at reagionals for alaska......
We need lots oF Luck and some rain woulld Help To
Cya Later all

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2002, 01:51:25 am »

God I love 12 year old runts who capitalize all of their letters in all of the wrong places.

Being an effective clan leader has to do with many things, but nothing more than respect. If your clan doesn't respect you, you essentially are a weak leader. Of course, another way to earn respect is to repeatedly beat their asses in combat.  Grin

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
theN00b
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2002, 12:50:49 pm »

Well I can never be a good leader. SAS dissolved under my command (I inherited power) and so did TASK. The main reason of my downfall is the fact that I can only be on on the weekends. On the weekdays I am the busiest son of the bitch in the world. 6:00 AM wake up go to class for a few hours, practice on my swim strokes at noon to 3:00 Then I go to work, which is kinda relaxing, where you just whistle at people. By the time I get home I am beat. Also I ave a mother fucker as a roomate. He hogs the DSL line all day for his counterstrike. I can post or play during the day only when he is working.?He goes to his freinds on the weekends. Oh btw Kilzo. Did I say I was leader or did I say I was a leader. I forget I meant to say I was a leader. I was kinda tired when I typed that pst up.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2002, 04:06:10 pm »

well, there is your number one problem you dont have the time. try joining a clan as a regular member, it is relaxing after leading one

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2002, 06:32:32 pm »

Brain, if you would simply spend all the time you use typing, to play RS instead, you would be active as well.
But wait, my bad, you're on a Post Count mission... ?Wink
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2002, 07:25:33 pm »

So Being 12 Atomaticly makes you a whiny Bitch???

i said nothing of the sort. i said:

It also helps to not be a 12 year old whiny bastard who goes fuckin nuts when something unpleasant happens.

as you can see, there is a plain difference. And frankly, being 12 and mature enough to be kind, sociable, and funny online is not the rule, but the exception. More often than not, 12 year olds are annoying, whiny, and ?think much too highly of themselves to be succesful clan leaders.

[/color]

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2002, 07:37:19 pm »

i think that being able to woop on your members in RS helps... when you get someone who is cocky it can hurt the clan. as far as boasting and such. Just get to know who you want to be in your clan, and invite them. it works well

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2002, 09:57:26 pm »

Brain, if you would simply spend all the time you use typing, to play RS instead, you would be active as well.
But wait, my bad, you're on a Post Count mission... ?Wink

first of all, i have to ask, why the hell did you attack me for no reason? what the hell did i do to you? didnt i just DEFEND your position a few posts ago?
anyway...
sorrry to burst your bubble rapid, but that mission was only to 500 posts
and i dont spend time doing all that much typing either i have a job during the day and at night my parents want me to help run our karate school that maens from 8am till 9 pm i am unavailable to post(today was an exception, i got off from painting an hour early) oh, did i mension that my parents go to bed early because they wake up at 5 in order to get to work?
so that leaves me with a wopping 1-2 hours to post
now, because i founded my clan around the 6 to 7 pm time slot i cant play with them any more, so i left
so i have pretty much lost any reason to play rs any more.(i hate playing with newbies, they have no clue what the hell team play means)
so i use my few free hours to post (12.5%) and play aardwolf (87.5%)
so that leaves me with aproximatly 15min where i post
now can you , rapid, improve, or even maintain your skill level playing only 15 min a day?
i didnt think so
wait a sec...isnt your clan inactive in the bl?
why dont you stop taking potshots at ppl and lead your clan, if i remember correctly, you have a minimum number of cbs to fight, and i'm positive that there are a few ppl out thre who want to (try and) hand your ass to you on a silver platter.

oh and next time if you are gonna come after me, do it in a way that will take me more that 10 sec to think up a response

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2002, 11:10:37 pm »

Brain, in case you haven't heard, a "Wink" indicates jest. And yes, rapid DOES have a sense of humor.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Clan *NADS
jeb in X
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2002, 12:54:15 am »

Rapid doesn't have a sence of humor, he just laughs at what i say Grin Shocked Sad Grin Grin Roll Eyes

[The smiley patrol is back on 56k, so you really should watch it now. Ace]
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2002, 01:53:17 am »

post clean up in aisle 5.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2002, 02:14:41 am »

All I see is some stupid Bruin spamming right above me.

*reaches for the delete button...*

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2002, 08:13:34 am »

Brain, in case you haven't heard, a "Wink" indicates jest. And yes, rapid DOES have a sense of humor.

really, well, this is the first time i ever saw it...
anyway, i thought he was referring to the post count mission in jest, not the whole message

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2002, 02:59:13 pm »

seems too me way too many people here have a brush up their ass and are on the edge.

-sigh-

at least ir's still better than b.net.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Clan *NADS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads