*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:29:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  New HK MOd
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New HK MOd  (Read 1392 times)
Cobra6
God bless the freaks

Lead...Follow, or Get The Hell Out Of The WAY!! ?

« on: June 08, 2001, 09:30:13 pm »

Saw this over at Pie's Tactics. This guy is talking about a new HK MOd he just made...here is a quote:

"After the release of other HK type mods, this one is sure to be the best. Why? Here are some answers. First of all, this mod is realistic and very high quality. The HK-Mod has all new gun Sounds, Pictures, Reticules, and 3D Models. Guns on this mod are NOT copied, everything is ORIGINAL. The accuracys on the guns make sense (unlike other mods were the reticules don't move and shoot perfectly). If a gun has strong ammo, it wouldn't be as accurate as a gun with smaller ammo. I use concepts like that in my modding to create a realistic mod.
Now don't get me wrong, Im not dis respecting the hard work put into the other HK type mods, but I can assure you that this HK type mod is the best, by far. I even have proof to back that up, on this web site you can check out everything to sounds to pictures and see why it is so good."

www.HK-Mod.com

Some good sounds and rets, but thats about it.
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2001, 09:22:24 am »

Hahaha who cares, We're up over 8000 downloads so mission accomplished. Anything that comes out and is popular, there will always be those who want to 1 up you. Picture us posting something like "better than those other HK mods" etc... Please, I am not thinking about anybody else's work when I do ours, clouds the judgement, I think you feel the same. Somebody once said you can always reach higher if you'er standing on somebody else's shoulders.

And by the time that mod gets to 8000, we'll hvae 3 other super high quality mods out. HK was just ONE of our projects, remember Cool
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

Ghost

MY OTHER CAR IS A HK PSG1

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2001, 11:14:43 pm »

*SIGH*

This dude copied all his stuff from the HK website....tsk tsk... plus he got some stuff wrong... plus the HK 4 was called the HK 4 b/c it was initially offered in 4 calibers, not just 1 as he says... TiS should stick with making MiB guns and leave reality to real modders...

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco, aka Keanu Reeves, in The Replacements
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2001, 08:04:04 am »

Oh you're back eh? I got somethin' for u...
Completed the dayglo orange urban tactical uni's and the camo with ghillie, now what was the other one again? OD?

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Ghost

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2001, 04:34:12 pm »

arrrghhh!
Thx for the unis, the last one was Olive Drab, as in Vietnam style....any way to have it be a vest, like in Full Metal Jacket? With humanoid skin-color arms? Not super-muscular, just normal dude arms.

In the market for a good rifle, was going to buy a HK handgun but dad talked to my uncle who was a captain in the Nevada Highway Patrol and didn't like the idea 'cuz I'm 14. Anyway, I'll have to get a good bolt action, maybe a 7mm mag or .300 mag, for hunting woodpeckers... they get big around here.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco, aka Keanu Reeves, in The Replacements
chekist
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2001, 09:17:45 pm »

arrrghhh!
Thx for the unis, the last one was Olive Drab, as in Vietnam style....any way to have it be a vest, like in Full Metal Jacket? With humanoid skin-color arms? Not super-muscular, just normal dude arms.

In the market for a good rifle, was going to buy a HK handgun but dad talked to my uncle who was a captain in the Nevada Highway Patrol and didn't like the idea 'cuz I'm 14. Anyway, I'll have to get a good bolt action, maybe a 7mm mag or .300 mag, for hunting woodpeckers... they get big around here.

Cheesy Hunting woodpeckers with a .300 Mag?!? LOL What are they, the size of an elephant?  That's funny!  Grin
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2001, 08:28:29 am »

OK ghost, I assume you mean a flak vest? I'll try to find something that looks the same, I don't have a good image of one. I*'ll make it look dirty like the one I did for operation recovery...

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Ghost

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2001, 01:07:18 pm »

Just played with HK ITD v2.1 in multiplayer... it RULES... I had the SR9 TC, or some sniper rifle like it, with BT (Ballistic tip?) 7.62x51mm. Went undefeated in seven games, then the host went to a mod map of the TV Station, inserts were close together and the UMP 45 Accessorized came in real handy, along with the 30-round USP.

Good work, coco.

One thing, though. Not about this mod, but others. It seems that some people that make mods have never picked up a gun, for the operatives we take charge of in RS/UO are the best in the world, and can hit a target while running. I can hit a target while running, and I'm far from the best. I know this because I have, with the supposedly "bulky" SKS. I'm pretty tired of these "realists" who seem to think that Ding Chavez is a fat redneck with a bad knee.

Cobra6
God bless the freaks

Lead...Follow, or Get The Hell Out Of The WAY!! ?

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2001, 05:48:25 pm »

BT was for Black Talon (very deadly rounds).
Embarrassed ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Roll Eyes
Ghost

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2001, 09:48:05 pm »

I noticed.  Smiley

chekist

There is no hunting like hunting of men. ?And those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, ?never cared for anything else thereafter. - E. Hemingway

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2001, 02:38:39 pm »

What's up with these "experts" proclaiming "realistic" weapons?  Probably never even held a gun in their life.
The Rainbow Six shooters are some of the best SpecOps operatives in the world. Read: EXPERT SHOOTERS! Your mods reflect that.  

I saw, in some other, ("realistic") mods, a weapon reticule bloom so much that you can't hit an enemy from ten feet away.  That's real?  From personal experience I know that you can fire, let's say, a SAW, full auto, from the assault position, pretty accurately.  You won't shoot a 2 inch groups,  Grin lol, but you'll be able to put down some accurate fire downrange.

Those "realistic" mods portray some kindergarten kids attempting to fire automatic weapons Grin

Keep up the good work, guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads