*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 06:05:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Mazda 6
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mazda 6  (Read 1580 times)
Hurters

« on: October 23, 2006, 04:15:42 am »

Hi. Can you suggest me anything? I want to buy it.
I'd like to talk to someone who ownes Mazda 6.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 05:33:16 pm »

Hi. Can you suggest me anything? I want to buy it.
I'd like to talk to someone who ownes Mazda 6.

Well, I sell them, along with the others like it that Ford makes:  The Ford Fusion, Lincoln Zephyr, and Mercury Milan.  They are all very good cars with great performance, decent acceleration, nice handling, and good reliability.  I wouldn't get the 4 cyl...stick with the V-6 which is mated to a really nice 6-Speed Automatic Transmission.  I've driven a few home over the weekend for fun and I'm debating on getting either the Ford Fusion or the Ford 500 (which doesn't have a Mazda equivalent) for my wife since she wants a small car to drive around town in.  The Mazda 6 is the sportier looking one of the bunch, but under the skin they are all the same car.[/size]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:39:34 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
cottonmouth

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:49:22 pm »

While on the topic of Ford....  GS, I have an 06 Escape Hybrid. I just changed the oil, and the chenge oil warning on the dash display will not shut off. Any ideas on why the sensor is stuck? Anything I can do without bringing it back to ford?  I know your not a mechanic, but any info is much appreciated.

Cotton

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 03:44:14 am »

While on the topic of Ford....  GS, I have an 06 Escape Hybrid. I just changed the oil, and the chenge oil warning on the dash display will not shut off. Any ideas on why the sensor is stuck? Anything I can do without bringing it back to ford?  I know your not a mechanic, but any info is much appreciated.

Cotton

Yes, go into the trip computer and do the system check...when it comes up to the oil life percent, hold down the reset button until it resets.  That is the general way to reset the Oil Life Indicator on all modern Ford vehicles...you may need to check your owner's manual for the exact sequence to accomplish this.  Also, the Ford Escape Hybrid in particular only needs an oil change every 10,000 miles due to the way it shuts down the engine so often...so don't waste money changing the oil every 3,000 miles on that particular model.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 08:56:38 am »

Ghost,

I have wanted a mustang my entire life, and have a new purchase coming up in about two months.

Any feedback, or opinions here?
I guess, more accurately..can you give me some of he cons you may be aware of?
I have a boatload of sales guys that wanna tell me all the good stuff, but i need the real scoop.
I dont know anyone that owns one for direct feedback.

I will be test driving soon.

I was wondernog if it was a bumpy tight ride on road trips..the wife is insisting on a trip worthy car.
Thanks in advance.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 03:36:55 am »

I have wanted a mustang my entire life, and have a new purchase coming up in about two months.

Any feedback, or opinions here?
I guess, more accurately..can you give me some of he cons you may be aware of?
I have a boatload of sales guys that wanna tell me all the good stuff, but i need the real scoop.
I dont know anyone that owns one for direct feedback.

I will be test driving soon.

I was wondernog if it was a bumpy tight ride on road trips..the wife is insisting on a trip worthy car.
Thanks in advance.

Well, the current new Mustang is by far the most "trip-worthy" Mustang yet, but I would hardly call it a really smooth ride.  It's still a sports car, and is still gonna be a little bumpy, but not so bad on the highway...you'll notice it most on bumpy city streets.  It is the Mustang I have liked best and its performance is really great...acceleration, handling, good looks...nothing else comes close for the money.  I would get a GT though...never liked a V-6 Mustang...it's just WRONG!  As for problems with the actual car, there really hasn't been anything...can't think of any major recalls or anything since it came out in late 2004 as a 2005 Model.  All in all, it's the most bang for your buck and if you can live with the low ride and sports car manners, it makes a great all-around car.[/size]

cottonmouth

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 06:30:14 am »

Yes, go into the trip computer and do the system check...when it comes up to the oil life percent, hold down the reset button until it resets.  That is the general way to reset the Oil Life Indicator on all modern Ford vehicles...you may need to check your owner's manual for the exact sequence to accomplish this.  Also, the Ford Escape Hybrid in particular only needs an oil change every 10,000 miles due to the way it shuts down the engine so often...so don't waste money changing the oil every 3,000 miles on that particular model.[/size]

That was toooo easy... thanks for the tip GS!!!!

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 07:51:01 am »

Moochus garcias ghost..
Appreciate the info as always..

She may just have to live with those sports car manners..

Cool  <--ill be THIS cool in a new mustang.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 06:03:16 pm »

Ya, definately get a GT if your gonna go for a stang and be prepared to pay loads of dough on gas.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 04:39:12 pm »

funny this mustang came up, I'm buying one for the wife this weekend.

Hey GS, help a brother out by letting me know what the invoice price is on a mustang convertable, this way I can cut into the dealers margin.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 05:51:18 am »

Hey GS, help a brother out by letting me know what the invoice price is on a mustang convertable, this way I can cut into the dealers margin.

Get me the MSRP off the window sticker and I can give you the invoice price down to the penny.  In fact, write down the VIN Number and the dealership you are at and I can get the actual invoice of that particular vehicle for you.  I'll PM you my cell phone number on here.[/size]

BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 05:16:38 pm »

ahh, thanks for the offer. By the time i read this it was too late. Well, she got a Tungsten Convertible V6, Premium edition.  Now lets see how long until she does something stupid with it.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads