*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 05:42:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Who wants to know I have milk?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who wants to know I have milk?  (Read 1298 times)
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« on: September 21, 2006, 06:12:27 am »

I was watching t.v. today and I saw a got milk commercial and I was wondering who exactly funds those commercials? i have never seen one solid milk choice. when i go to the supermarket there is a plethora of choices. so do they all group together and pay for that stuff or is it like a government milk is good everbody should have some thats why we are asking kind of thing? who is behind the got milk? crusade??

Now I'm told the got milk campaign is in kahoots with the behold the power of cheese movement... so this is just some giant congolomerate of cheese and milk men? who runs this thing my questions remain unanswered
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 07:17:23 am by *DAMN Hazard » Logged

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 01:27:18 pm »

Its the National Cattlemen's Beef Growers Assoc, HAz.

Under that Umbrella, there are several organizations that independentaly market beef food, and byproduct advertising. Sam Neal does the "Beef, its whats for Dinner" ads and two side trade organizations handle the Got Milk, and Cheese advertising.

Its an Ad Council, more or less.

HA! as a side note, ALL beef gowers have been forced to fund this/these marketing campaigns...at $1 per head of cattle they run (i was just informed by cattleman step-father)

The cattle growers successfully changed this requirement for forced subsidizing of the 'Beef, its whats for Dinner' campaign, by a decision of 'Unconstitutional' by means of violation of free speech by the 3rd Circuit court of appeals...They are working on the Got Milk guys, as the same $1 per head requirement is in effect there too. These were initially conceptualized as assistance in marketing Cow Bodily Fluids as a beverage product. They felt it was the only way to compete with the millions thown into pepsi and coke advertising.
As there was no distinction, between domestic cattle, foreign or organic, it was ruled that being forced to Advocate "American" beef (as these commercials do) was a violation of their free speech freedoms.

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=12758
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 01:36:17 pm by (SiX)Sheixhundt » Logged

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 07:51:03 pm »

You've got milk?
I've got cookies!

Its a match made in heaven Wink

Shiex the phrase "marketing cow bodily fluids as a beverage" sounds extreamly dodgey! why can't they just call it milk!!

As there was no distinction, between domestic cattle, foreign or organic, it was ruled that being forced to Advocate "American" beef (as these commercials do) was a violation of their free speech freedoms.

that is astonishing.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 09:53:18 pm »

Haha thank you for greeting my spurratic and stupid post with a far more than adequate answer. As always its much appreciated and my mind can finally rest!

BFG: You are incorrect because if what we did last night with that ostrich and that eggplant isn't a sin I don't know what is. We can be a match in hell tho its a lot hotter Wink

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 12:18:04 am »

look the ostrich was still breathing honest, and im allready getting my sight back after just a day. Your going to have to give that kitchen a good scrub down, and i've got some ointment for you, just rub it in twice a day and the swelling will go down Wink

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 07:13:37 am »

Did you guys know that milk is a very racially-charged food? The gene that allows adults to digest lactose (that is, milk sugar) is present in something like 80% of white people, but only about 30% of blacks, and less than 10% of Native Americans. In America, back in the... '30s, I believe, milk was seen as the "perfect food", the ultimate in nutrition and healthful eating, and the fact that basically only white people can drink it without digestive problems was seen by some as an affirmation of the superiority of the white race. Jump forward thirty to forty years to the era of Martin Luther King, Jr. and widespread social reform with respect to race, and the fact that basically only whites can drink milk became a liability for milk producers.

BFG, I miss you when I'm off the board. "Getting my sight back after just a day" had me laughing my ass off.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 09:50:17 am »

I miss you too mate, i miss you too.... but damn it if you didn't dance around so much next time i might actually manage to hit you! Wink

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 01:59:06 pm »

You're asking the impossible, BFG. Everybody knows my only skill in RS was my dodging mojo.  Grin

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 07:47:47 pm »

Did you guys know that milk is a very racially-charged food? The gene that allows adults to digest lactose (that is, milk sugar) is present in something like 80% of white people, but only about 30% of blacks, and less than 10% of Native Americans. In America, back in the... '30s, I believe, milk was seen as the "perfect food", the ultimate in nutrition and healthful eating, and the fact that basically only white people can drink it without digestive problems was seen by some as an affirmation of the superiority of the white race. Jump forward thirty to forty years to the era of Martin Luther King, Jr. and widespread social reform with respect to race, and the fact that basically only whites can drink milk became a liability for milk producers.

I can't stand the smell of Chitlins and collared greens. I wouldn't even dare taste them. Frankly I find that to be racist that only black people can enjoy them. Fight the power. Afro
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 05:24:55 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads