*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:26:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I'm surprised we haven't touched on this yet  (Read 4776 times)
~Po~ TiroFino
BL Staff

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2006, 05:50:52 am »

The Syrian Ambassador to the United States said it best on Jim Leher in that you cannot talk about Peace in the Middle East without the existence of a Palestinian State.

The creation of a Palestine Sate was rejected by the Arabs in 1947. I quote :

"Partition -  The United Nations Special Commission on Palestine (UNSCOP) recommended that Palestine be  divided into an Arab state and a Jewish state. The commission called for Jerusalem to be put under international  administration The UN General Assembly adopted this plan on Nov. 29, 1947 as UN  Resolution (GA  181), owing to support of both the US and the Soviet Union, and in particular, the personal support of US President Harry S. Truman. Many factors contributed to Truman's decision to support  partition, including domestic politics and intense Zionist lobbying, no doubt. Truman wrote in his diary, however,  "I think the proper thing to do, and the thing I have been doing, is to do what I think  is right and let them all go to hell."

The Jews accepted the UN decision, but the Arabs rejected it. The  resolution divided the land into two approximately equal portions in a complicated scheme with zig-zag borders (see map  at right and  see Partition Map and detailed partition map). The intention was an economic  union between the two states with open borders. At the time of partition, slightly less than half the land in all of  Palestine was owned by Arabs, slightly less than half was "crown lands" belonging to the state, and about 8% was owned  by Jews or the Jewish Agency. There were about 600,000 Jews in Palestine, almost all living in the areas allotted to the  Jewish state or in the internationalized zone of Jerusalem, and about 1.2 million Arabs. The allocation of land by  Resolution 181 was intended to produce two areas with Jewish and Arab majorities respectively. Jerusalem and environs  were to be internationalized. The relatively large Jewish population of Jerusalem and the surroundings, about 100,000,  were geographically cut off from the rest of the Jewish state, separated by a relatively large area, the "corridor,"  allotted to the Palestinian state. The corridor included the populous Arab towns of Lod and Ramla and the smaller towns  of Qoloniyeh, Emaus, Qastel and others that guarded the road to Jerusalem.

It soon became evident that the scheme could not work. Mutual antagonism  would make it impossible for either community to tolerate the other. The UN was unwilling and unable to force  implementation of the internationalization of Jerusalem. The Arab League, at the  instigation of Haj Amin Al-Husseini, declared a war to rid Palestine of the Jews. In fact however, the Arab countries  each had separate agendas. Abdullah, king of Jordan, had an informal and secret agreement with Israel, negotiated with  Golda Meir, to annex the portions of Palestine allocated to the Palestinian state in the West Bank, and prevent  formation of a Palestinian state. Syria wanted to annex the northern part of Palestine, including Jewish and Arab areas. "

According to this, the palestinians were betrayed by their neighboring Arab nations (Jordan, Syria..etc) who were looking to gain territory at its expense and pushed it to reject the treaty. What does the Syrian Ambassador have to say about that?

It wasn't a perfect partition, but heck it was better than all the wars that have been going on since! They should have taken it!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 05:56:38 am by ~Po~ TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2006, 05:27:28 pm »

Hrm, well the reserves have been called up and Israel is massing for full scale invasion. Time to sit back and see how the chess pieces fall now. Lebanon already said it's army would fight israel if they invaded, Syria just used threats and the nutty Iranians said they have a "surprise" in the next few days as well as vowing vengeance for all actions.

HAHA, i know this is a bit old but nobody posted this yet. The US was thinking about charging about $7,000 per citizen that they were going to evacuate from lebanon. Then they released a report saying that it seemed nobody was willing to leave. WTF you thinking you dumbshits, who the fuck has that much money lying around to get their family out of a warzone, do you take VISA? Well, after much uproar they said they would do it for free, I guess that is less $200 plungers for gov't toilets.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 06:04:52 pm by BTs_FahQ2 » Logged

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2006, 09:20:29 pm »

Speculation is rampant among intelligence analysts, that the iranian "surprise" is a North korean Nuke..

Now THAT would make shit interesting.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Ein

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2006, 09:41:40 pm »

The tension is killing me, figuratively of course... Unless somehow those "secret nukes" got to Cuba or Venezuela... Then maybe the tension could kill literally. I'm just holding my breath and waiting to see what happens. GL all.

Please keep this thread going. You guys have given me lots to think about from both sides (thanks Cossack for your view from the other side). I rarely trust the what the US media reports and it is nice to get information from less biased and censoring sources such as you guys.

Ein
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2006, 01:02:27 am »

Now THAT would make shit interesting.

My parents and I were talking a few days ago and they said "You live in an interesting time, when the world is changing so much and so fast."  Yes.  Interesting.

The sort of interesting when you're hurtling along in the front car of a rollercoaster and see a huge hole in the tracks just a few moments away.

Interesting.

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
~Po~ TiroFino
BL Staff

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2006, 07:18:06 pm »

Iran and Syria don't want peace if that means Israel gets to exist.... They want to exterminate the Jews forever.... They don't attack Israel directly but harvest and support militias to do their dirty work.... This war will not end any time soon.

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2006, 11:41:15 am »

Iran and Syria don't want peace if that means Israel gets to exist.... They want to exterminate the Jews forever.... They don't attack Israel directly but harvest and support militias to do their dirty work.... This war will not end any time soon.

The major concept that most Westerners don't grasp.  In addition, when most of us look at the map, all we see is this area called Israel, and the tiny West Bank and Gaza - so we naturally assume "poor Palestinians (or even Lebanese, in the present case) being ganged up on".  But nobody thinks to take a step back and realize that, oh - there's Jordan, Syria, Egypt, etc., all huge Arab countries, and every one of them would wipe Israel off the map if they only COULD (Israel's a nuclear power).  Israel's responses to Hezbollah, as well as Palestinian suicide bombings and rockets, is no different in intention from what they're doing back to Israel, and no different from what any other capable country would do if being attacked.

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2006, 11:42:10 am »

um guess i'm a couple weeks late, haven't been on this forum in a while. lol

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads